logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
nomski  
#1 Posted : Thursday, November 21, 2019 2:25:33 AM(UTC)
nomski

Groups: Registered

I think what I'm trying to achieve probably isn't possible but thought i'd ask anyway! I've made some 3x3 multiview inputs so that we can have more sources/more flexibility with where the multiviews can be seen etc. and using a GT title to label the inputs as the last item in the multiview list o it acts as an overlay.

Is there a setting somewhere that allows you to toggle the input names on and off so that you don't have to type them in in multiple places if they are changed? Also, is it possible to have the multiview inputs act like the "proper" multiviews and show which input is in preview or program etc.

Thanks in advance!
doggy  
#2 Posted : Thursday, November 21, 2019 2:53:45 AM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 922 time(s) in 761 post(s)
Quote:
using a GT title to label the inputs as the last item in the multiview list o it acts as an overlay.

Is there a setting somewhere that allows you to toggle the input names on and off

SetTextVisible

nomski  
#3 Posted : Monday, February 17, 2020 9:03:37 PM(UTC)
nomski

Hi, just wanted to rekindle this as I've just used the setup in anger for the first time. I setup a trigger on the inputs so that the title changes to red when the input is in program and white on transition out of program. However, there is no trigger for if the input is in preview. As a result the only way to make the text green is with a shortcut.

The downside of this is that when the shortcut is pressed to put the input in preview the text lights up green but if the vision mixer is cutting between two cameras it doesn't go from red to green it just goes red to white even though the input is in preview.

Anyone have any ideas on making this work better/another way?

Thanks!
doggy  
#4 Posted : Monday, February 17, 2020 11:01:13 PM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 922 time(s) in 761 post(s)
Originally Posted by: nomski Go to Quoted Post
Hi, just wanted to rekindle this as I've just used the setup in anger for the first time. I setup a trigger on the inputs so that the title changes to red when the input is in program and white on transition out of program. However, there is no trigger for if the input is in preview. As a result the only way to make the text green is with a shortcut.

The downside of this is that when the shortcut is pressed to put the input in preview the text lights up green but if the vision mixer is cutting between two cameras it doesn't go from red to green it just goes red to white even though the input is in preview.

Anyone have any ideas on making this work better/another way?

Thanks!

Can always check the API xml through datasource or script for the status of which input is in preview or active
nomski  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, February 18, 2020 2:31:34 AM(UTC)
nomski

That seems like a good plan but how would I then change the colour based on the XML response? Would I have to write the script in VB in order to have access to the correct controls?