logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
dcairns  
#1 Posted : Friday, November 15, 2019 3:44:50 AM(UTC)
dcairns

Groups: Registered
United States

New to Vmix, working on an existing setup at my church, so sorry if this is question that has been answered many times before. Not knowing how to phrase the question probably prevented me from finding it in search

So, we have one camera input on vmix and an USB video converter for a feed from a Mac running Presenter Pro with the lyrics and Bible verses, etc. Audio is setup on the camera input. The idea is to layer the lyrics over the camera source. When I "half transition from the camera to the Mac input, volume dips. I guess that makes sense as the audio is tied to the camera input. So I tired adding the audio (same source as camera) to the Mac feed and when I 'half transition" there is a weird phasing issue with the sound. I assume Vmix is processing the audio twice, with a slight delay between them, and when combined, give weird artifacts.

The only solution I can think of is to create a blank overlay that has just the audio, and have that on all the time. Switching video can be done independent of the audio this way.

Now I know some will say that we should be using the Mac feed as a chroma key overlay, but they use backgrounds which make that look weird when I tried that. I am looking into learning about Presenter Pro to see if I can make an output from the Mac that does not have the backgrounds. I just saw a video that gives me hope that it is possible.

Anyone have any better ideas?
sinc747  
#2 Posted : Friday, November 15, 2019 6:40:22 AM(UTC)
sinc747

Man
United States

Was thanked: 194 time(s) in 160 post(s)
Why not just bring the audio in as a separate input?

- Tom
dcairns  
#3 Posted : Friday, November 15, 2019 7:21:37 AM(UTC)
dcairns

United States

That is what I was trying to say, an overlay with nothing in it but has audio setup on it. Is that the best way to do it?
sinc747  
#4 Posted : Friday, November 15, 2019 7:31:30 AM(UTC)
sinc747

Man
United States

Was thanked: 194 time(s) in 160 post(s)
Just add the audio separately as its own input. Add Input --> Audio Input --> Select camera audio.

The you'll have an audio source that can remain constant regardless of what else is happening. You don't need to make it an overlay, just let it play.

- Tom
Joeboe  
#5 Posted : Friday, November 15, 2019 7:59:41 AM(UTC)
Joeboe

Was thanked: 32 time(s) in 31 post(s)
If you are using the audio from the camera your main audio, then do as Sinc747 says, or just go to settings, and untick 'Automatically Mix Audio'...that should help.....
dcairns  
#6 Posted : Friday, November 15, 2019 8:34:46 AM(UTC)
dcairns

United States

I see how to do it like sinc747 says (except we have a dante virtual sound card as the source). I will give that a try. I will also check out the "Automatically mix audio" thing and see what that does.

Thank you for your help in pointing me the right direction !