logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
burris79  
#1 Posted : Thursday, November 14, 2019 10:40:21 AM(UTC)
burris79

Groups: Registered
United States

So we've been using vMix for a school news program for almost a year now on a fairly old Windows 7 laptop. We use a Logitech C920 webcam to capture audio and video. This setup has worked great for our needs, but we wanted to move to a newer device. We just got several new dell desktops at the school so we decided to devote one to our production. I installed vMix on the new windows 10 desktop and moved the webcam over. When we use audio from the webcam we have periods of distortion (sounds like bitrate is dropping). It comes an goes every 10 or so seconds, sometimes worse than others. I've tried a number of things but I cannot figure out the issue. Here's a video (really only audio) that I create so that you can hear the issue. You will hear the issue at 0:25 and 0:55.

vMix - Windows 10 mic issue

Here's some more information that might help someone help me:

The distortion could be heard both when and when not streaming/recording.
Tried using two other usb mics (Sennheiser and Samson) as an audio input source and had the same issue. I used all three devices with a few other programs and none of them had any issues.
Moved all three devices back to the old laptop and I didn't have any issues using them with the same version of vMix on that device
Copied all vMix settings from the win7 laptop to the win10 desktop, no change in the problem.
Updated the OS, checked drivers for the webcam and audio devices.
Deleted the program and reinstalled.
Sound from mp4s loaded into vMix sound fine, no issues. It's just microphones causing the issue.
Desktop has i5 processor, 8gb ram, SSD.
We just bought a new vMix HD license last month, so we have the newest version of the software.

To me, it has to be something between vMix and Windows 10 causing the issue with microphones. I would greatly appreciate any suggestions!!!

burris79  
#2 Posted : Sunday, November 17, 2019 4:57:33 AM(UTC)
burris79

United States

Bump, still looking for some help with this.
MartLeib  
#3 Posted : Sunday, November 17, 2019 7:53:28 PM(UTC)
MartLeib

Estonia

Was thanked: 52 time(s) in 42 post(s)
Have you tried 3.5mm microphone input?
Barney Box Lane  
#4 Posted : Monday, November 18, 2019 12:15:58 AM(UTC)
Barney Box Lane

Was thanked: 33 time(s) in 29 post(s)
wack a buffer on it, audio delay in the input audio settings - and how long is the cable from mic to computer?
hellokitty  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, November 20, 2019 4:53:57 PM(UTC)
hellokitty

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 13 post(s)
are you using a ASIO Driver and if you are set it at 48hz or 41hz and also have it match up with all your other devices in the computer audio Sound control panel, set your buffer for the asio to 500 or 1000, dont try lower unless you have really good equipment. Vmix works very good with asio devices.