logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Nuno  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, November 5, 2019 12:09:54 AM(UTC)
Nuno

Groups: Registered
Portugal

Hi All!

I produced my first live event webcast this weekend using vmix and for a first timer, was pretty ok! (5 cams, Blackmagic capture card, behringer 404hd mixer, ...)

Event was a local junior SURF competition and I managed to integrate VMIX with judging system thru the use of Google Shhets / GT Editor / Data sources.

Here is the question:

- As most of you probably know, each surfer has a color where competing. The judging system delivers all the information (name, position, total score and so on) as well as athlete color in a specific google sheet cell.

As I don't have any problems getting the text information on cells and send it to vmix scoreboard (that I have design, btw), I don't know how to send the color from the google sheet, read it and present it in vmix scoreboard.

Any help available?

Thanks!

Nuno

doggy  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, November 5, 2019 12:25:53 AM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 916 time(s) in 755 post(s)
While it can be different depending on the titles your are using ( classic XAML or newer GT titles) and what you want to change to the color to (text, rectangle etc)

one option is color could refer to be part of an image to be displayed
If you have scripting capabilities ( your license ) you could set items to the color (fake fields used)
Xaml titles with codebehind can do it in the code within the title etc.

Similar questions have been debated in this forum. would suggest to look through them in order to make a decision in what approach to take
Nuno  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, November 5, 2019 12:58:54 AM(UTC)
Nuno

Portugal

Hi doggy! Thanks!

I ve previously searched for similar question in forums but I didn't found an answer (at least one I could use...)

I have the latest GT Tites with VMIX 4k.

Basically I need to pick up a google sheets color (inside of a cell with no text) and place it in a box/zone using vmix title/data source.

I must say I don't have any scripting / coding capabilities.

Maybe this is a dead end for me
:)
doggy  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, November 5, 2019 4:16:07 AM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 916 time(s) in 755 post(s)
Quote:
Basically I need to pick up a google sheets color (inside of a cell with no text) and place it in a box/zone using vmix title/data source.

You can not put colors in a data source (cell) , you can however have the name or the code of the color in a cell !
If you can manage to put those in the sheets then you are in business
Don know about Google sheets but it seems one can look for colored cells in excel so guess it would be easy enough to translate that to a name to write into it

is it possible to have a look at the scoreboard to get an idea of where the color should go (or PM it to me) ?
gre2gor  
#5 Posted : Thursday, November 14, 2019 3:40:16 PM(UTC)
gre2gor

Slovenia

Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 6 post(s)
I am using google sheet data to change colors. We have one sheet in google sheets as an input sheet and then a second one that has formulas and to adjust input data for vMix. We do not use input sheet as a source, but this custom sheet which serve only to customize data for vMix and this custom sheet is "untouchable" to user inputting data.

Then we translate color column to column whit file path. So "RED" as input becomes "https://ourserver.com/vMix/Graphics/"RED".png" (="PATH"&Cell:A1&".png")

We have all colors to be used in Input Google sheet as a drop-down menu (to avoid typos). Also we upload all color files to ourserver. You could also use local path (C:\vMixData\grapics\RED.png).
Custom GT title is linked with this formatted sheet data. And it works great. In GT Title designer you put image properties to "stretch" and the whole box is then filled with this color.

I hope it helps you.
Grega