logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
studiodelta  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, October 29, 2019 1:18:24 PM(UTC)
studiodelta

Groups: Registered

Hi there,

I have a GT title with some images from some webcams, urls are taken from an Excel/csv file.

Randomly, some or all of the images are no longer updating while other text parts, are: looks like pictures just freeze.

Strangely, in the Title Editor they look freshly updated. See attachment.

I have a trigger that tries to reset and restart the input,
i see it works everytime (it reloads everything) but no success with those pics.

My only way to force that process, is a vmix restart. Not so good as an option.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

Dan

vmix-image-source-issue.jpg (44kb) downloaded 3 time(s).
admin  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, October 29, 2019 2:19:48 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4145 time(s) in 1490 post(s)
Please send a support report from Settings -> About with the setup loaded and drop us an email info@vmix.com.au so we can investigate further.
playloud  
#3 Posted : Sunday, December 8, 2019 7:41:00 PM(UTC)
playloud

France

Any news about that??... I have the same issue.. I'm tryning to do a nowplaying overlay using the cover of the track exported from a radio broadcast software.

At start, it takes the picture as source, but then, the text sources are changing, but the picture always stay the same....
doggy  
#4 Posted : Sunday, December 8, 2019 8:59:53 PM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 920 time(s) in 759 post(s)
Just a thought

Could it be that the NAME of the pictures source is actually the same name (or link) given to you by the broadcast software after it updates its information ?.

As GT title has a OnDataChange animation is imagine that overall the title editor could be looking also for a change , in this case the name and not the actual image visual ?
playloud  
#5 Posted : Sunday, December 8, 2019 11:32:42 PM(UTC)
playloud

France

abolutely, yes, it couldn't be a source if the name of the file was changing each time.
how could the title now the name of the futur image? that would not be possible.

doggy  
#6 Posted : Sunday, December 8, 2019 11:40:16 PM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

I why I was asking as it would not be the first time a source is updated but not the name itself , like an image that is saved under the same name after it has been edited !!!
You did write after all " the text sources are changing, but the picture always stay the same...." which can be interpreted as the image source name is not changing but other text(data) is.
If the name is indeed changing than for sure the problems is somewhere else

Without example of data source or your title connections and possible settings etc its hard to help right !
Kind of like asking , my car doesnt start , why ?
playloud  
#7 Posted : Sunday, December 8, 2019 11:59:18 PM(UTC)
playloud

France

the picture name is never changing. each time a new track is played, files called title.txt asd artist.txt are updated, at the same time, a jpeg file called now.jpeg is updated with the cover picture.

when the title is started, the text is updated, but the picture stays the same all the time. and, just like the first example in this thread, when I look the editor, i can see the updated pic.
doggy  
#8 Posted : Monday, December 9, 2019 12:41:09 AM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

You are contradicting yourself as now you are saying the "jpeg file called now.jpeg" when you stated " it couldn't be a source if the name of the file was changing each time." before!!

In short my "could it be ... " has been confirmed as titles are updated when data DOES change , in case of images this is not the content but the name !!

Now you tell me how the title can know its a different image if it has the same reference name ??

The reason it might be visible in the editor is when you open that one it probably rechecks the link , while the title only responds to reference changes (textdata) of the data source or uses a cached image if the same name ( Just an assumption) as it also doesn't clear in a list for example when there is a blank line in the source.

For the software its more efficient to check on changes first than to refresh everything regardless off.

Now Maybe Martin has more information to look for a fix.

Maybe for now you could try to load the image by script based on datachanged from the title or artist field or something similar

EDIT: a ResetInput will update to the latest content of the image, so maybe with a script you can check on the latest file date and initiate the reset ? (nothing is impossible ;-) )
xemles  
#9 Posted : Monday, December 9, 2019 9:09:58 AM(UTC)
xemles

France, Metropolitan

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I have the exact same problem and I basically gave up on using animations on Images, is there anyway to make GT check the file again?
Right now I have to basically use two different Inputs just for that instead of having one GT file for everything...
admin  
#10 Posted : Monday, December 9, 2019 12:12:58 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4145 time(s) in 1490 post(s)
For very important performance reasons, if the image filename is the same, vMix will always load from its internal cache.
So GT is not really designed for applications where a single image is being constantly updated outside of vMix.
thanks 1 user thanked admin for this useful post.
doggy on 12/9/2019(UTC)
g-mo  
#11 Posted : Saturday, July 15, 2023 8:01:11 AM(UTC)
g-mo

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Did anyone ever find a workaround for this?