logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ralston  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, October 23, 2019 4:08:39 AM(UTC)
ralston

Groups: Registered
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I have a client who wants to trigger via a Stream Deck the start of his show. Music is triggered and then 30 seconds later we dissolve through to the presenter BUT the music continues and fades out a few seconds later. My question is currently audio follows video when ones triggers a shortcut, how can we continue to the music over the next shot and fade after a programmed time.

This works later in the show where we would like to trigger the music 30 seconds before the video cut point. Music starts to fade in under the presenter and then at the 30 sec point it automatically fades the video to the external studio camera and fades the music a few seconds later.

So I guess the question is how can you automatically set shortcuts that are independent of the video cross point.

I come from a radio background where the news and weather music automatically came into the studio before the presenters mic was cut and studios switched automatically.

I always think watching back the Vmix shows the audio fades are always very short following the duration of the video fade.

I understand we can use a audio bus and manually cross fade the audio across the cut point but I am looking for an automated solution that can be triggered from one shortcut and a stream deck key.

Thanks
doggy  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, October 23, 2019 4:27:00 AM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 920 time(s) in 759 post(s)
undo automatically mix audio in the input settings and have a audio on/off with a shortcut . multiple shortcuts can be triggered by the same key , streamdeck also can have multiple shortcuts under a key.
or put it all in a script and call it with the shortcut/streamdeck (maybe easier on the timing using sleep before another instruction) all come to mind
MartLeib  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, October 23, 2019 5:32:51 AM(UTC)
MartLeib

Estonia

Was thanked: 52 time(s) in 42 post(s)
For smooth audio fade also check the SetVolumeFade function.
ralston  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, October 23, 2019 6:22:00 AM(UTC)
ralston

United Kingdom

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: doggy Go to Quoted Post
undo automatically mix audio in the input settings and have a audio on/off with a shortcut . multiple shortcuts can be triggered by the same key , streamdeck also can have multiple shortcuts under a key.
or put it all in a script and call it with the shortcut/streamdeck (maybe easier on the timing using sleep before another instruction) all come to mind

so the idea of triggering multiple shortcuts using the same key is an interesting concept. Next your tell me there is a way only have the inputs that are relevant to my show open instead of the 100 that I find on the desktop every morning when I get in. I don't want to close anything otherwise all the shortcuts seem to get lost. operators seem to just add more and more inputs ! So cluttered in here. Wish we could collapse the windows and move them to other banks and have the ones we actually need open. Anyway going off topic here.

I'll try you idea above . I guess what I was looking for was to have the ability to set a trigger based on a timecode within a clip.

So shortcut starts the clip which happens to be audio and then later in the same clip timecode triggers the video fade bring the video part of the clip to the Prg output. Bit like we do in our DMX show programming. Timeline triggers the events.
doggy  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, October 23, 2019 1:48:12 PM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 920 time(s) in 759 post(s)
Quote:
I don't want to close anything otherwise all the shortcuts seem to get lost

why would they ?

Quote:
So cluttered in here. Wish we could collapse the windows and move them to other banks and have the ones we actually need open

Right click an input to collapse it . Assign them to the color categories ,......

Quote:
I guess what I was looking for was to have the ability to set a trigger based on a timecode within a clip.

you could do that also using a script

Quote:
So cluttered in here.

Time to get organised ;-)

There are many video tutorials on many of the questions you have