logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Eric Dean Freese  
#1 Posted : Friday, October 18, 2019 2:53:53 AM(UTC)
Eric Dean Freese

Groups: Registered
United States

Hello!

I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced the problem I had. At an event this week, I found that having External Outputs set to 59.94i resulted in choppy playback not only for the External feed, but also the stream to YouTube. And, it only happened after I added a vMix Call to the show. Otherwise, 59.94 worked fine.

My camera and slide deck inputs were 59.94, and the in-room switcher wanted 59.94 from me, so I set everything to that. Panic ensued as the Calls were added and outputs went choppy. After starting and stopping the External and Stream a few times, I tried changing the External outputs to 29.97, and that cleared things up for both the External feed to the switcher, and the YouTube stream. Post show, I've been doing a lot of testing with 59.94 and 29.97 camera inputs, without issue. Changing the Master Frame Rate seems to have no effect either.

Video card is NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti.

Is the correct setting to have External Outputs set to 29.97? This was problem 1 of a list of things that went wrong on this show...I'd love to be able to put one check mark in the Solved column.

Thanks!
Eric

Eric Dean Freese
efreese at wiredproductiongroup.com