logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
laogiuvayta  
#1 Posted : Saturday, March 29, 2014 2:42:29 PM(UTC)
laogiuvayta

Groups: Registered

I have installed Vmix 11 for my PC already. But the Desktop Capture doesn't work properly what i want. I try to capture a window on my PC, but it just capture every thing (all my desktop). I think it is a error related to Window 8.1, What should I do to fix it? Please help me.
p/s: English isn't my mother english. so, I'm so sorry if there are any mistakes in my using English! Thanks you!!
dna1990  
#2 Posted : Saturday, March 29, 2014 6:17:44 PM(UTC)
dna1990

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I see similar with vMix12 as a new user.

For me, you have to open an individual app window and place it somewhere visible on the primary monitor. Then vMix sees it in Desktop Capture. But if you minimize or move that window around, you end up with what WAS under that screen area, often that is the vMix console. Echo, echo.

In my first project, I was hoping to mix between Powerpoint, prerecorded videos, title overlays, live camera, AND a web browser set to a scoring webpage. Using just one machine, do I really have to 'keep open' the web browser for it to be picked up?

In many ways this makes perfect sense if vMix is a 'screen capture'. I was just hoping it was a 'Windows' capture.

If I make a 'small' window to be captured, is there a setting to enlarge it so it takes up the whole Output produced?

I have it setup that Output is to the secondary monitor, so yes I can use 'Windows' to place the web browser on the secondary monitor maximized and use the task bar to switch...but was hoping to vMix to be the glue for all that and make an operators job very train-able.
thanks 1 user thanked dna1990 for this useful post.
laogiuvayta on 3/29/2014(UTC)
ask  
#3 Posted : Saturday, March 29, 2014 8:44:24 PM(UTC)
ask

Australia

Was thanked: 199 time(s) in 181 post(s)
A quick tip. on the screen you want to capture open a browser ie Chrome. In vMix add a destop capture input, select the PC to captue and select the browser as the window. Go back to the source PC and resize the browser to what you want captured. ALT-TAB to the application you want and leave it as the active window on the desktop.
thanks 1 user thanked ask for this useful post.
laogiuvayta on 3/29/2014(UTC)
HWL1223  
#4 Posted : Thursday, July 3, 2014 11:42:54 AM(UTC)
HWL1223

Man

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
was this issue ever resolved in a way, say, where the browser screen (in my example) remains the focus even if it is minimized or in the background?
I can get a screen capture; its the input switching part (ex: talent to screen shot) that I have not gotten to transition smoothly...
I am working on a single screen.
Thanks
admin  
#5 Posted : Thursday, July 3, 2014 11:17:02 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4136 time(s) in 1487 post(s)
There have been a few threads about this. This is not a bug, just like pressing print screen in Windows
you can't capture the image of a window that is hidden. When minimised programs do not even update their windows at all.

Regards,

Martin
vMix