logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
chrissi  
#1 Posted : Friday, March 28, 2014 7:54:03 PM(UTC)
chrissi

Groups: Registered

Hey,

every now and then I try it again...

Once someone compared livestream studio to vmix and he liked the gui of livestream more. maybe livestream gui is more beautiful, but the software produces tearing on hdmi out and doesn't even do chroma keying. But what it does is offering a good media player. A big preview window, a scrubbar that works smoothly, reverse playback etc. The media is listed with preview image and you can choose to load recorded files automatically into the media list.

I tried to do the latter with vmix shortcuts but best I could find was add input. But that shortcut works only if I define each media by name... I would need something like a shortcut that upon pressing record stop or multicorder stop triggers a ADD TO LIST INPUT with the filname of the last inserted filename in the record setup (unfortunately multicorder doesn't offer file naming at all).

I have absolutely no idea of programming so I don't know if what i am asking for is difficult or not...

I would love to use vmix on set, just had it once on set so far for tryout and only loading back recorded clips for playback killed me, as it takes soooooooooo long. Don't even ask for self incrementing filenames in cine style, just naming, autoloading and nice playback features.

Second SDI out is really great, love it! Could 4k version maybe make use of a 3840 x 1080 image on hdmi output of laptop to get 2 different GPU outputs, like with SDI outputs, just in that case over one cable (and a matrox dual/triple head2go)?

Thanks for a great, fast, cheap and not power intensive software!

chrissi