logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
andreypetr  
#1 Posted : Thursday, October 3, 2019 12:38:18 AM(UTC)
andreypetr

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Hello,
Recently I began using multicoder/recorder in vMix. But unfortunately my PC can't handle recording 2 separate capture devices and also sending a stream. I've got a spare computer with same specs and wonder what is the best way to use 2 instances of vMix at once. How could I send video/audio stream with minimal effect on hardware. NDI? HDMI?
MarkNF82  
#2 Posted : Thursday, October 3, 2019 1:38:52 AM(UTC)
MarkNF82

Canada

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Keep in mind running a second instance of vMix would legally require a second licence as you would be running both at the same time. As you mentioned "recording 2 separate capture devices", you could try sending each capture device NDI and use the free version of Newtek's ISORecorder. The free version allows for 2 channel record. If that wouldn't be enough, probably best to buy a vMix 4K licence at $700 vs $995 for ISORecorder. I don't use NDI all that much so don't know of any other NDI recorder that are cheaper.

Originally Posted by: andreypetr Go to Quoted Post
Hello,
Recently I began using multicoder/recorder in vMix. But unfortunately my PC can't handle recording 2 separate capture devices and also sending a stream. I've got a spare computer with same specs and wonder what is the best way to use 2 instances of vMix at once. How could I send video/audio stream with minimal effect on hardware. NDI? HDMI?

zenvideo  
#3 Posted : Thursday, October 3, 2019 1:42:50 AM(UTC)
zenvideo

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 183 time(s) in 130 post(s)
Try NDI first, given that it doesn't cost any extra - assuming you can link your two PCs via a gigabit LAN. Set the capture inputs to be converted to NDI feeds by vMix and then record them on the 2nd PC, either by vMix or by using the built-in Record function in the NDI4 version of NewTek's Studio Monitor.
On the other hand, if your main vMix PC can't handle the extra load of encoding the capture inputs to NDI, then I'd suggest splitting the input signals externally (via active splitter boxes) and performing a separate capture on the second PC. Of course that would involve addition capture devices, which is why I'd try the NDI option first.
andreypetr  
#4 Posted : Thursday, October 3, 2019 10:54:42 AM(UTC)
andreypetr

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Thank you for great ideas.