logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
MarkNF82  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, October 2, 2019 10:18:31 PM(UTC)
MarkNF82

Groups: Registered
Canada

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Hi Everyone,

A client of mine asked me if this was possible and I didn't know so here it goes...

They have a vMix system for their main production switcher/everything machine. They have an AJA Corvid 88 capture card with 7 inputs and 1 output. As they have an x-keys XK-128 T-Bar as their controller, they would like to keep some inputs the same so they can label buttons on it rather than just have numbers. They currently have inputs 1-5 for live video feeds (cameras, decks, etc), 6-7 for a dedicated CG computer (key/fill), inputs 8-10 blank (possibly video clips/playlists in future), input 11 for bars, 12 for black, 13-24 for titles. I know I could just create a shortcut to a particular vMix preset and load that every time, but when they create a new one for each show they will run into the same thing again.

Is there a way to have vMix populate individual inputs by default so that each profile will be consistent or individually locked so they cant be moved/deleted. Titles will always be changing so they wouldn't need to be locked. I guess it is a bit confusing having the XK-128 T-bar controller as it looks like a traditional switcher that they are used to, but depending on the preset, camera 1 may not always be camera 1, etc, which is something they would like to have.

Thanks
thanks 1 user thanked MarkNF82 for this useful post.
davidelsbury on 10/9/2019(UTC)