logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Nuno  
#1 Posted : Thursday, September 19, 2019 12:23:06 AM(UTC)
Nuno

Groups: Registered
Portugal

Hi all!
I am a newbie around, as I am in the process of starting using Vmix for local sports livestream.
I ve been looking around the forums for an answer but wasn't able to find a clear one for my question, as I think its a very common one..

I will run a multi camera sport event using an 8 SDI input board and VMIX as a software switcher to livestream for about 3 hours to youtube or facebook.

My goal is to have a lot of graphic content such as banners, lower thirds, replay logos, scoreboards and athlete information. All this information will be produced/input on the fly during the event, desirable into pre made templates.

My question:
Using my PC main setup (i9 9940; x299 board, RTX 2020:
- Its possible to have two users operating vmix, one as video switcher director and other as Graphics content producer, as this is for sure too much work for a single user?
- Do I need a second CPU for this?
- Does this requires aditional software?
- regarding past experiences, any thought or recommendations on this?

Thanks in advance guys!

comporder1  
#2 Posted : Thursday, September 19, 2019 12:51:03 AM(UTC)
comporder1

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
We do basically the same thing you have described. We use UTC on a second laptop (with external monitor) to control titles. I also highly suggest getting hardware MIDI controllers to control vmix and replay. We use an APC40mkII for vmix control and shuttlepro v2 for replay control. It all works very smoothly. See attached pic.

Carey

IMG_8101.jpg (2,738kb) downloaded 77 time(s).
thanks 1 user thanked comporder1 for this useful post.
Nuno on 9/19/2019(UTC)
Kelvin  
#3 Posted : Thursday, September 19, 2019 12:51:38 AM(UTC)
Kelvin

Was thanked: 37 time(s) in 37 post(s)
Look into a product called TeamPlayer. It looks like it will allow 2 operators to control different functions on a single computer. I haven't used it, but it looks like it could meet your needs.
thanks 1 user thanked Kelvin for this useful post.
Nuno on 9/19/2019(UTC)
Joeboe  
#4 Posted : Thursday, September 19, 2019 7:01:57 AM(UTC)
Joeboe

Was thanked: 32 time(s) in 31 post(s)
I do this very easily....I have a virtual switcher on a tablet just for switching my inputs, and the other operator uses the PC keyboard and mouse to do what they have to do, eg. updating scores, lower thirds etc....on the tablet, the inputs are switched even with transitions, lower thirds , audio etc. are all controlled by a free program called 'vMix Panel Builder'....you can design the layout to suit how you want it, and it leaves the main PC free for the graphics person to use....check here for joeboe's post: https://forums.vmix.com/posts/t14529-vMix-Controller-custom--Panel-Builder--for-Mac-Windows-Touchscreens/page12
The switcher was used on a single monitor display, but most times it is used on a tablet for seperate use
thanks 1 user thanked Joeboe for this useful post.
guztavo on 9/23/2019(UTC)