logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ukcpw  
#1 Posted : Sunday, September 15, 2019 8:23:44 PM(UTC)
ukcpw

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hi,

I'm outputing an input in output 2, and I Don't see my 4 overlays on it, even if it is on in the output/NDI menu.

Help ! Thanks ;)
IceStream  
#2 Posted : Sunday, September 15, 2019 9:57:12 PM(UTC)
IceStream

Man

Was thanked: 501 time(s) in 470 post(s)
@ ukcpw

The Overlay buttons (Down Stream Keys) are sent to the Program Output screen (left click) or the Preview screen (right click), so will not be seen on individual Inputs configured as the source for Output [2] unless used as MultiView Overlays (Up Stream Keys).

I hope that helps to explain things better.

Ice

ukcpw  
#3 Posted : Monday, September 16, 2019 12:52:33 AM(UTC)
ukcpw

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Thanks Ice

So what is the purpose of having them On or Off in the Output/NDI menu ? If I am not using a PGM output ?

What I'd like to achieve is send scores with an overlay to a screen (external 2) with a special BG (my mutliview input with NDI output 1 as a layer), while having my output switching cams. When I decide the scoreboard is done, switch back to the cams, still with my BG.
doggy  
#4 Posted : Monday, September 16, 2019 1:46:28 AM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 920 time(s) in 759 post(s)
Quote:
So what is the purpose of having them On or Off in the Output/NDI menu ?

to have them displayed or not in ht output even if they are on the output window

Overlays only work on the output(window) if you want them on another input you have to layer them with a multiview ( but will be stati or not respond to being active or not)

Quote:
What I'd like to achieve is send scores with an overlay to a screen (external 2) with a special BG (my mutliview input with NDI output 1 as a layer), while having my output switching cams. When I decide the scoreboard is done, switch back to the cams, still with my BG.

That is the same principle as your other post https://forums.vmix.com/...-Stream-BG-and-recording just a different destination

please check out differences in output/recording ways , some you sort of can simulate to behave like another way all depends on how you you are outputting the sources you specify , single or combined