logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Thompaaa  
#1 Posted : Thursday, September 5, 2019 5:50:32 PM(UTC)
Thompaaa

Groups: Registered
Sweden

Im testing with a decklink quad 2. I input a HD-SDI 1080i50 and output it thru program to HD-SDI 1080i50. I get a 7 frames latency. Is 7 frames correct? I need less frames latency.
spencerm24  
#2 Posted : Thursday, September 5, 2019 11:55:48 PM(UTC)
spencerm24

Was thanked: 19 time(s) in 17 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Thompaaa Go to Quoted Post
Im testing with a decklink quad 2. I input a HD-SDI 1080i50 and output it thru program to HD-SDI 1080i50. I get a 7 frames latency. Is 7 frames correct? I need less frames latency.

Seems about right. There is some latency with the input and output for the card to do its thing. 7 frames is actually better than I've seen on other tests. Most of the delay is the output. Only way to get faster output is to use the GPU's HDMI and vMix's fullscreen function and convert it to SDI if needed in SDI format. Even that wont be zero latency, but less.
thanks 1 user thanked spencerm24 for this useful post.
Thompaaa on 9/6/2019(UTC)
niemi  
#3 Posted : Friday, September 6, 2019 8:22:21 PM(UTC)
niemi

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 15 post(s)
As Thompaaa you might try to shave off a bit by using the GPU's output instead. Also, AJA cards could also shave off some latency compared to BMD, but it should be less than a frame.

If you need much less, you might need to go through a hardware switcher for this purpose.
nakedeye  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, October 22, 2019 12:42:35 PM(UTC)
nakedeye

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
For better performance you will need a hardware mixer/switcher and to cut the delay down even more gen lock for everything will help. You will always have at least one digital conversion inside the camera if you are projecting live to same room screens but close enough to not be to noticeable. If you want to improve things in vMix you could play with the settings in the performance page of vMix settings e.g Low latency capture, High Performance Input Output. Your graphics card is performing some processing on your Blackmagic inputs when they hit vMix AFAIK.