logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
cmarangon  
#1 Posted : Thursday, September 5, 2019 6:48:48 AM(UTC)
cmarangon

Groups: Registered
Man
Brazil

I think that features are good, just need to be enhaced.

My suggestionS:

1 - horizontal button for volume, remove the rounded one. It is hard to move.

2 - A "x" for close squares of add, remove the "close" button.
doggy  
#2 Posted : Thursday, September 5, 2019 1:53:58 PM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 916 time(s) in 755 post(s)
Quote:
horizontal button for volume, remove the rounded one. It is hard to move.

it works exactly like the other vertical sliders by having your mouse over it , press and hold the left mouse button and move the mouse vertically up and down. the difference is it takes up less space and can not be confused with the other one.
Having it horizontal will mean for many it to be more like a balance (left/right) slider
The space is tight , you might find it fine if its small will other will not and find it to small to control or see difference in result

Some things are better left untouched imo

Quote:
A "x" for close squares of add, remove the "close" button.

???????

EDIT: and btw when you write "it's hard to move" than it seems you haven't read the answers to your own post from 4 days ago where it was pointed out you did NOT have to do a circular motion !
thanks 1 user thanked doggy for this useful post.
elvis55 on 9/5/2019(UTC)
richardgatarski  
#3 Posted : Thursday, September 5, 2019 6:51:21 PM(UTC)
richardgatarski

Was thanked: 292 time(s) in 246 post(s)
@cmarangon,

We have previously discussed your question about Rounded button, and as doggy comments here this type of button, typically called "knob", is fairly standard use in most audio mixers and filters. I agree with doggy, leave as is.

In any case, I think the idea of replacing the "Close" button with a Windows standard GUI style of icons for minimize ("_") and close ("X") on the right side of the Inputs title bar is interesting. The disadvantage is that it reduces available space for the Input's name, advantages would be a step towards common Windows GUI and freeing up the space that "Close" currently occupies. Another thing is accidantaly closing an Input, which has been discussed many times. Current fix for that is the Restore menu command.

GUI changes have their challenges (including backwards compatibility), and that is up to the vMix team to decide. But in this case it may come in handy for v23 where more audio buses will be available (perhaps needing button space).

Having one (1) request, or perhaps a few that at closely related, in one Feature Request topic makes it easier for us to comment, discuss and vote about the request. The same goes for setting a desciptive Subject for the topic. My guess is that if you want to get any traction on the Close/X it would be better to create a new Request for just that.