logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
comporder1  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, September 4, 2019 5:19:18 AM(UTC)
comporder1

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Hi, I need some help figuring out how to accomplish a task in our athletics broadcast. Let me explain the moving parts....
  • vmix datasource brings in real time csv stats in table form sorted by jersey number
  • a folder on the vmix machine has player pics by jersey number. ie- 2.jpg
  • UTC button w/script is used to select data row and trigger title animation to show player info, wait, then trigger another animation to close.
    button script screen shot
  • Our team can have jersey numbers anywhere from 1-99. This means LOTS of buttons! All jersey numbers are not used every season, but may be used next season.
    too many buttons screen shot

What I want to do is to have a list widget with 1-99 options. And then have a single button w/script to use the list selection. I would call this a "variable" in my coding experience, but it seems UTC already uses that term for something else. Does anyone have any ideas to make this work? or other workflow options?

Thanks
Carey

edit:
got the pictures working
comporder1  
#2 Posted : Sunday, September 15, 2019 7:22:16 AM(UTC)
comporder1

I am continuing to work on this issue. I have learned more about how variables in UTC work. Best I can tell, there are no variables stored in UTC. You must set and use variable located within a title in vMix. I have also learned how to use a variable within a script. See below

I have made selected a new title from vmix templates. I won't actually display this title, I will just use it to store variables. I then created a list in UTC with the player numbers. I mapped the list to a field in this variables title. I can see the title changing in vmix. I now tried to create a button with script to use that variable. I first tried to use a copy of my previous button with script ...

I put this in for the "index"... (note: the input key is for the variables title, element is text index 0 on that title)
Code:
_('Inputs[8cf0a072-6287-46ec-a5d7-81709c75c1aa].Elements[0].Text')

It did not work.

So I changed the script to "set text" (instead of DataSourceSelectRow) and had it change the "value" of some other title I have and it works!

So does this variable usage only work for "value" or does just not work with "DataSourceSelectRow"?

Carey
comporder1  
#3 Posted : Sunday, September 15, 2019 2:20:38 PM(UTC)
comporder1

I turned on logging and the only value of index that it would send (in place of the expression) is “0”.

Seems as though it may be broken.
comporder1  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, September 17, 2019 9:25:45 AM(UTC)
comporder1

As suspected, there was indeed a bug in UTC. Elgarf was able to fix the bug and now DataSourceSelectRow with the variable expression in the index field works as expected. This has greatly streamlined my workflow.

Referring to my original post above, I now have a list widget with player numbers. That list sets a “variable” (text title on an xaml title). The button w/script uses the “variable” to select the data source row and displays the stats title. It works great! If anyone is interested, I’ll make a quick video of it.

Carey
郭子涵  
#5 Posted : Monday, October 7, 2019 10:44:15 PM(UTC)
郭子涵

China

Originally Posted by: comporder1 Go to Quoted Post
As suspected, there was indeed a bug in UTC. Elgarf was able to fix the bug and now DataSourceSelectRow with the variable expression in the index field works as expected. This has greatly streamlined my workflow.

Referring to my original post above, I now have a list widget with player numbers. That list sets a “variable” (text title on an xaml title). The button w/script uses the “variable” to select the data source row and displays the stats title. It works great! If anyone is interested, I’ll make a quick video of it.

Carey

Hello, comporder 1.

I'm interested, but can I use it in GT Title?
comporder1  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, October 16, 2019 11:42:39 AM(UTC)
comporder1

I’ll make a video soon. Sorry for the slow response. I never get any of the subscribe emails from this forum.