logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
yo1984  
#1 Posted : Friday, August 23, 2019 11:10:35 PM(UTC)
yo1984

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I am trying to figure out a way to be able to edit a bulk amount of shortcuts by using a midi controller. In example i have 3 ptz cameras i want to be able to use the same xbox controller to use all 3 cameras. The only way i see that this can work is by having a shortcut that will edit all the shortcut commands for the controller and change the input to the proper camera. such as if i want to control Camera 1 i press a button and all the xbox cocntroller shortcuts will be changed to use with input 1 and if i press a button camera 2 all the shortcuts are changed to input 2 etc. etc. any ideas on how to do that? (tcpapi , webapi)????
doggy  
#2 Posted : Saturday, August 24, 2019 12:36:08 AM(UTC)
doggy

Groups: Registered
Belgium

Was thanked: 916 time(s) in 755 post(s)
maybe possible with scripting where the cam nr is a variable you can change and let the shortcuts trigger the scripts that sends your simulated shortcut (webapi) instead ?
if not within the script the variable ( cam nr ) could be stored in a simple text title so the script can read that , added bonus of such a title is you could see which cam is active to your control