logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Podcast Bob  
#1 Posted : Thursday, August 22, 2019 9:38:39 PM(UTC)
Podcast Bob

Groups: Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
So I set up my production and I checked everything and it was perfect.

By that I mean I was using a Novation Pad, assigned all the inputs, mutliviews, titles, video and so on to their own button.

I set up all the activators to change colours, perfect.

I then called a friend on vMixCall and tested every single button. Ensuring that his audio maintained throughout the discussion, not matter what video or multiview I chose. I wanted the future guest to be able to talk over the animated content.

So the night before it all worked.

Then came the production, I switched on super confident and ready to go, only to find;

a) that the activator lights had all gone haywire. It was all the same lights, however they seemed to be totally at random popping up on the keyboard. not associated with the chosen button, and

b) several of the multilayer options suddenly muted the VmixCall. All of the other standard images, slide etc were fine. Just a few of the multilayer. I checked every part of the layer and the 'auto mix audio' was switched off in all of them. Yet when I clicked on them it muted. I rebooted and it was still the same. I just had to continue and be quick to 'unmute' the guest when I clicked that button.

Ultimately I managed and here's the final program. (Please don't comment on it as it ism't live yet)

Dopes anyone have any idea why this should suddenly happen? And/Or has it ever happened to anyone else at all?

Jeremy G  
#2 Posted : Friday, August 23, 2019 8:20:20 AM(UTC)
Jeremy G

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Only thing I can think of is master/project clashes, or novation pad channels weren't the same or are triggered differently on downpress/up press channels