logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
blufishmedia  
#1 Posted : Sunday, August 18, 2019 5:49:02 AM(UTC)
blufishmedia

Groups: Registered
United States

Newbie here. Trying vMix for the first time. Trying to use a Sony X70 connected to laptop via Magewell XI100DUSB-HDMI dongle. vMix is recognizing the camera and lets me add it as an input but I have no video signal. I saw a post from 3 years ago where someone had a similar issue, but they never said how they fixed it. I'm also new to the camera and I've scrolled thru the menus trying to see if I can figure it out, but to no avail. Any help would be appreciated!

James Downie
Blufish Media
Atlanta, GA
SportsNetUSA.net  
#2 Posted : Sunday, August 18, 2019 6:24:37 AM(UTC)
SportsNetUSA.net

Was thanked: 123 time(s) in 115 post(s)
Make sure the output of the Sony PXW-X70 is set to HDMI. It may be on SDI. A client of mine called me about this same issue a couple weeks back.
blufishmedia  
#3 Posted : Sunday, August 18, 2019 6:37:11 AM(UTC)
blufishmedia

United States

Nope. That didn't do it.

This is how I originally had it configured... I was running SDI out of the camera into a BMD Video Assist and then HMDI out of the VA into the Magewell and then into the laptop. This is how I would normally run it with my Panny AC-160 (although not with vMix) so I could get a backup recording before sending the signal along to the laptop. That didn't work here. With your suggestion, I tried taking the VA out of the equation completely and ran HDMI from the camera to the Magewell, changing the output of the camera from SDI to HDMI. Still no signal.
SportsNetUSA.net  
#4 Posted : Sunday, August 18, 2019 6:44:43 AM(UTC)
SportsNetUSA.net

Was thanked: 123 time(s) in 115 post(s)
Sony PXW-X70 can only output one signal at a time, either HDMI or SDI but not both simultaneously.

Have you tried the Magewell with your AC-160? If that has an issue then there is a Magewell utility that will check the XI1000USB.
blufishmedia  
#5 Posted : Sunday, August 18, 2019 7:13:39 AM(UTC)
blufishmedia

United States

I was only sending one signal out of the camera. I was daisy chaining the signal thru the VA. Only SDI (and then only HDMI) out of the camera.

I did figure something out. I was attempting to do this on a Mac running Parallels. I decided to pull an old Dell out of the closet and see if it worked with it. It did work on the Dell. I then went back to the Mac and tried running thru Boot Camp. Didn't work there either. With both configurations on the Mac, vMix DID recognize the camera, it just wouldn't send the video signal. I guess I will need to go get a new Windows laptop. Grrr...

Thanks for trying to help me troubleshoot this!

Has anyone else that might be reading this had any luck running through a virtual machine on a Mac?