logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Podcast Bob  
#1 Posted : Sunday, August 18, 2019 3:54:16 AM(UTC)
Podcast Bob

Groups: Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Hi folks

So I create a slideshow and I edit the order of 131 slides, so my guest can talk over the story.

1) Fantastic - save the vMix file and when I open it again, the slides have gone out of sequence.

I've done this three times now and I'm getting frustrated by it.

2) Also when I've set the slideshow and brought it in as a layer into a new Input Multi-View the slides initially run okay and then suddenly the 131 slides changes to just a handful of 16!

3) Finally I can't stop the slideshow. No matter if I Cut to the Slideshow Input or when it is in a Multi-View layer it keeps running. I've clicked everything turned off the 'auto play after transition', turned off 'Loop'.

I've rebooted, restarted vMix. What am I doing wrong? The whole slides thing seems to have gone haywire and I'm running out of prep time.

Do I create a new production and start again?

Is this a bug or something?
Podcast Bob  
#2 Posted : Sunday, August 18, 2019 4:12:50 AM(UTC)
Podcast Bob

Man
United Kingdom

I've just gone through all images and re-numbered them in sequence and they still don't import in numeric sequence.

This is a nightmare
SportsNetUSA.net  
#3 Posted : Sunday, August 18, 2019 6:34:33 AM(UTC)
SportsNetUSA.net

Was thanked: 123 time(s) in 115 post(s)
Have you Right Clicked the Input for the slideshow and gone to SlideShow Settings?
ask  
#4 Posted : Sunday, August 18, 2019 9:14:52 AM(UTC)
ask

Australia

Was thanked: 199 time(s) in 181 post(s)
I am assuming that you are using a PowerPoint input. To reorder (and keep it) do the reorder in PP, save then reload the input in vMix. To be able to manually control the slide deck, open the SlideShow settings and set the duration to 0.
Podcast Bob  
#5 Posted : Sunday, August 18, 2019 6:48:11 PM(UTC)
Podcast Bob

Man
United Kingdom

Yes I have right-clicked and gone to Slideshow settings, which are as they should be.

No I am not using Power Point, purely slides entered using the slideshow input.

What I have done is started an entirely new vMix program and found that the slides (numerically named) have imported in order, so I am resolved to building the show from scratch once again.

The only thing which I can think of which may have influenced this problem was that my Midi controller had couple of buttons which did the same thing. I wonder would Midi influence the error I wonder?
SportsNetUSA.net  
#6 Posted : Monday, August 19, 2019 2:49:13 AM(UTC)
SportsNetUSA.net

Was thanked: 123 time(s) in 115 post(s)
Have you ever tried re-ordering the slides manually in SlideShow Settings by dragging them in the proper order?

I have done that with a small list of slides and they stay in the correct order after saving everything as a Pre-Set.
ask  
#7 Posted : Monday, August 19, 2019 7:40:06 AM(UTC)
ask

Australia

Was thanked: 199 time(s) in 181 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Podcast Bob Go to Quoted Post
Yes I have right-clicked and gone to Slideshow settings, which are as they should be.

No I am not using Power Point, purely slides entered using the slideshow input.

What I have done is started an entirely new vMix program and found that the slides (numerically named) have imported in order, so I am resolved to building the show from scratch once again.

The only thing which I can think of which may have influenced this problem was that my Midi controller had couple of buttons which did the same thing. I wonder would Midi influence the error I wonder?

To use this input you have to have PowerPoint on your machine. vMix uses the export function of PP when you load the input. This converts the slides into images. Try my tip above...it works.
doggy  
#8 Posted : Monday, August 19, 2019 4:00:34 PM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 916 time(s) in 755 post(s)
Quote:
To use this input you have to have PowerPoint on your machine

Don't think so Ask as OP has stated he is not using PP. Guess the confusion is here the slideshow input is the Photos input not the pp input and just loading a folder of images(slides).
I don't have pp and that input works pretty well. something else must be interfering with the order of his images like maybe does to his Midi controller OP has mentioned also
Podcast Bob  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, August 20, 2019 8:11:40 PM(UTC)
Podcast Bob

Man
United Kingdom

So I have created the whole program again from scratch and double checked there are no Midi duplications and so far it is all working fine.

I gave all the slides a numeric number and they imported form the folder correctly.

Until I actually speak with the subject I'm not sure about if we need to change the order of the slides it will happen again. I guess I'll take a back up copy just in case.

Otherwise the whole thing is running off my Novation Pad and so far it looks okay.....