logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
MarkNF82  
#1 Posted : Saturday, August 17, 2019 12:16:53 AM(UTC)
MarkNF82

Groups: Registered
Canada

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Hi Everyone,

The free unlimited 60 day trial is a nice feature, however is there a way to install a trial and select which version you want? We will be purchasing one of the lower tier models and want to make sure everything we want to do is available to us. In the trial edition, it is a bit confusing as everything is unlimited so sometimes you forget you will be restricted if you don't buy the top tier. The comparison table helps, but can be confusing at times. Being physically restricted while testing the trial would be the ultimate test.

Thanks
mjgraves  
#2 Posted : Saturday, August 17, 2019 12:32:52 AM(UTC)
mjgraves

Man
United States

Was thanked: 263 time(s) in 233 post(s)
As a practical matter, you can upgrade from one version to the next without penalty. I started with the Basic HD license, eventually upgrading to HD, and again to 4K. You pay only the difference to upgrade.
Joeboe  
#3 Posted : Saturday, August 17, 2019 1:07:57 AM(UTC)
Joeboe

Was thanked: 32 time(s) in 31 post(s)
Originally Posted by: mjgraves Go to Quoted Post
As a practical matter, you can upgrade from one version to the next without penalty. I started with the Basic HD license, eventually upgrading to HD, and again to 4K. You pay only the difference to upgrade.

This is NOT what MarkNF82 is asking...I understand as I asked the same questions when I first used vMix...you get the full version for trial...he wants to select the version he is going to buy, with the restrictions....so he can see and know exactly what he is getting when he purchases his copy....yes, it can be a little offsetting to test the full version, and then have to get used to a lower version with restrictions...but I would say, look at the comparison table, and work with the limitations set there, and do not try to do everything the trial version gives....that is what I did, so when we bought the version that I use with my friend, we had no problems...