logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Simsyuk  
#1 Posted : Friday, August 16, 2019 6:08:36 PM(UTC)
Simsyuk

Groups: Registered
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 17 post(s)
Hi, I have the latest free version of ZoneAlarm firewall but for some reason it won't allow me to broadcast my 'output' to Skype.

I've allowed Vmix, NDI and Skype full trusted inbound and outbound internet access, but it still won't broadcast the output to Skype (I have to select NewTec NDI Video in Skype).

If I turn off ZoneAlarm it runs smoothly without any issues. Would anyone have any suggestions as to what I can do to resolve this while keeping my firewall on?

I'm aware there should be a port open (the free version only allows one), but when I look at my logs to find out which oone vmix is pinging too, it always pings different ones!

Thanks in advance.
desmar  
#2 Posted : Friday, August 16, 2019 11:09:11 PM(UTC)
desmar

Man
Canada

Was thanked: 80 time(s) in 60 post(s)
Get Process Explorer from Microsoft. It tells you which ip address and port every program uses..

Here is a sample with vMix 22 running on my system with no stream running.

Annotation 2019-08-16 085628.png (43kb) downloaded 0 time(s).

If you notice IP Address.. http://103.4.212.60/ is a Remote IP address to StudioCoast Pty Ltd which is vMix on Port 58367.
Which I assume it is used to communicate with the vMix Call server.

Port for multicast DNS (mDNS) protocol

Ports for NDI

Port for vMix Call

Port

So you need at least these ports opened in your firewall... so the free version of ZoneAlarm will not work.

Originally Posted by: Simsyuk Go to Quoted Post
Hi, I have the latest free version of ZoneAlarm firewall but for some reason it won't allow me to broadcast my 'output' to Skype.

I've allowed Vmix, NDI and Skype full trusted inbound and outbound internet access, but it still won't broadcast the output to Skype (I have to select NewTec NDI Video in Skype).

If I turn off ZoneAlarm it runs smoothly without any issues. Would anyone have any suggestions as to what I can do to resolve this while keeping my firewall on?

I'm aware there should be a port open (the free version only allows one), but when I look at my logs to find out which oone vmix is pinging too, it always pings different ones!

Thanks in advance.
Simsyuk  
#3 Posted : Saturday, August 17, 2019 2:55:53 AM(UTC)
Simsyuk

United Kingdom

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 17 post(s)
Thank you very much, that makes sense. Looks like I have to upgrade. Thanks again.