logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
lbgaus  
#1 Posted : Monday, March 17, 2014 10:05:58 PM(UTC)
lbgaus

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 19 time(s) in 14 post(s)
Hi Martin,

I would like to report 2 bugs with vMix 12.0.0.112 that I noticed recently.

Bug #1:

The most serious bug we encountered while using the trial version on a new computer we just built for switching. It has 2x Blackmagic Decklink Quad SDI inputs (8 HD cameras configured at 1080i59.94. During a show last week, I encountered an error I believe to be related to the GUI in vMix. I am not exactly sure what precipitated the problem (my causal analysis may be completely wrong), but I believe when I dropped the USB mouse on the floor I somehow got vMix into a mode where I could not do any cuts between cameras.

I could click on the camera sources on the bottom to enable them as Preview sources, and the Preview source will immediately change to the clicked Input, but upon clicking any of the dissolve/cut/transition buttons, nothing happens. Additionally, if I click Cut or Quick Play buttons for a camera, image, video, etc... source nothing happens. Clicking the Close button on all of the Inputs then re-adding using the Add Input button did not resolve the problem either. It appears the .vmix showfile is saved this way now, as closing vMix did not fix the problem, nor did rebooting. To solve the problem, I created a new .vmix preset file, re-added the inputs, and everything worked properly again. The render time, FPS, CPU usage, and GPU temperature remains the same regardless of which .vmix preset is open. Additionally, the padlock in the bottom right corner is not locked either.

To assist in troubleshooting, I can send you the .vmix preset file we were using, and if it is necessary I can give you an IP address/password of the computer to VNC into.

Bug #2:

Thank you very much for increasing the delay option for audio to go up to 20 seconds. While it works perfectly for playback of stored files on the hard drive, it does not appear to delay more than 2 or 3 seconds for a Decklink Mini Recorder input, despite what the audio delay setting has been configured for.

Thank you for your time! See you at NAB :)

---landon
admin  
#2 Posted : Monday, March 17, 2014 10:08:08 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4146 time(s) in 1491 post(s)
Hi,

Please email the preset file to info@vmix.com.au

Thanks,

Martin