logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Code4Sale  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, March 11, 2014 1:04:07 PM(UTC)
Code4Sale

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

We own multiple copies and versions of VMix, and we are very aware that (for example) Multiple overlays are not supported in some of the cheaper versions of VMix.

It is very irritating to be doing a live feed, and click an unsupported feature (overlay for example), and have to deal with the ugly popup dialog.

As a programmer, I know it is very very easy to simply disable the buttons, turn them red when they are clicked, or whatever.

As a programmer, I also know it is very very easy for you to put in a "Do not show this message again" button, and even easier to put in a global setting of "Do not warn me about additional features" setting.

You took a lot of time and effort to put all these upsell warnings in there FOR YOU, but you took no effort or consideration FOR ME.

I am a paying customer, I know the features I bought, and the fact that you spent so much time and effort FOR YOU, and none FOR ME, just makes me dislike you more every time I see that box pop up.

The more I dislike you, the less motivated I am to recommend you, the less motivated I am to purchase more copies or upgrade the copies, and the more motivated I get to patch togther some directx code to do what I need, and that leads to an open source project, and that leads to no need for VMix.

In short, spend a little more time and consideration for me, and a little less on yourself, and I might be saying "oh little red button flash, perhaps we should upgrade this machine" instead of "^*&^## money grubbing VMix a&*&ho*#s thier ^*&^## popped up" and threw off the feed". GRRR!

TJoe - Telling it brutally honest... You might not like it, but do you really want anything less than my honest feelings?

admin  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, March 12, 2014 1:48:50 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4136 time(s) in 1487 post(s)
Hi,

First of all, your claim that these messages are popup advertisements is a bit unfair.
During development and based on customer feedback, customers overwhelmingly prefer to know why a button is not working rather than
disabling it or changing the colour.

vMix Basic HD is provided at a very low cost to help users on a limited budget create high definition video productions.
vMix HD, the next version up, is still less than half the price of the nearest competitor when comparing features.

Regards,

Martin
vMix

Code4Sale  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, March 12, 2014 11:19:18 AM(UTC)
Code4Sale

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I'm not arguing about the price to performance ratio of the product. Thats great, and why I voted for vMix via my pocketbook (and hope to continue to). BTW: I fought hard for the case of using vMix, and put my neck on the line for it.

OK, lets not get sidetracked.

The issue is that it is easy for you to add either a "Do not show this message again", or a global setting to do the same.

Know that there are some folks that have a hard time controlling a mouse, and that every click and keystroke is very painful.

Think of it like you are adding an assistive technology to the product :)

In the mean time, I will consider adding more upgraded licenses for more machines :)