logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
HWL1223  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, March 5, 2014 10:34:32 PM(UTC)
HWL1223

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Hi all;
I am seeking a solution to a Windows Media streaming project and any tested solution advice is appreciated.

I am a little out-of-it in respect to my current use of the Windows Media platform...I am extremely familiar with using WME9 to live stream to WMS2003, and pull the stream into a WMP via an URL (FYI - 2009 is when I got out of Windows streaming).

I now have a small school project with about 50 users and a robust local network looking to stream a daily meeting into the classrooms. I intend to stick VMix and WME (some varietal) on a PC for the head-end, along with cameras...

I have tested the above described configuration with my "old" technology and it works well. I also intended on creating a Scheduled Task that pops up the player at 8AM daily, looking to the static server and publishing point, as the server looks at the live WME9 encoder and its port. My test stream profile was about 1200Kbs in SD (640x480). There were no network issues on the same subnet.

What I would like to know is what is the easiest and simplest way to do this live streaming component as I have described in "today's" world, and using what particular software for the server and encoder? [for example, server 2008 or 2012 + IIS, and WME or W Expression encoder?]. This system will be run and administered mostly by high-schoolers.

Thank you for your time...