logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
s0bari  
#1 Posted : Sunday, June 23, 2019 1:21:15 PM(UTC)
s0bari

Groups: Registered
Indonesia

Hi,
I just trying to play with scripting and as the title stated, I am looking for a comprehensive scripting guide in vmix.
Is there any body knows where I can get it?
Or maybe there is somebody here can guide me for a simple thing that I want to do first in scripting, that is how to change the countdown from script?
Thanks in advance for the help.
Longur  
#2 Posted : Thursday, June 27, 2019 2:32:32 AM(UTC)
Longur

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
If you're talking about VB.net scripting then you should look into VB scripting tutorials anywhere on the internet or even basic programming if you've never coded before. Once you have handle on VB, using it with Vmix is simple. For example, I had no prior experience using VB but had taken a few programming courses. It wasn't too difficult for me to familiarize myself with VB's syntax and start using it with Vmix.
s0bari  
#3 Posted : Friday, June 28, 2019 7:35:31 AM(UTC)
s0bari

Indonesia

Thank you for your respond.
Actually the reason I am asking for a comprehensive guide is because after I tried using the VB Script as I usually do (I'm a programmer) and it's not recognised by the vmix.
So I think I need the info which commands or functions that supported by vmix and which is not.

Originally Posted by: Longur Go to Quoted Post
If you're talking about VB.net scripting then you should look into VB scripting tutorials anywhere on the internet or even basic programming if you've never coded before. Once you have handle on VB, using it with Vmix is simple. For example, I had no prior experience using VB but had taken a few programming courses. It wasn't too difficult for me to familiarize myself with VB's syntax and start using it with Vmix.

Longur  
#4 Posted : Saturday, June 29, 2019 3:52:00 AM(UTC)
Longur

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
This is from the help:

vMix Scripting supports the majority of VB.NET 2.0 code that will work within a single sub or function.
This means that custom classes and structures are not supported, however you can use the vast majority of the built in base classes in the .NET framework including the handy System.Net.WebClient for downloading data over the internet.

I tried creating functions and using functions that take a method as an argument so this tripped me up when I started. Other than that, I agree it would be nice if they explicitly say what VB code is supported.

Originally Posted by: s0bari Go to Quoted Post
Thank you for your respond.
Actually the reason I am asking for a comprehensive guide is because after I tried using the VB Script as I usually do (I'm a programmer) and it's not recognised by the vmix.
So I think I need the info which commands or functions that supported by vmix and which is not.

Originally Posted by: Longur Go to Quoted Post