logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
tsulls  
#1 Posted : Thursday, June 13, 2019 3:55:21 AM(UTC)
tsulls

Groups: Registered

Hello! I'm using an NVIDIA GTX 1080 in my setup (7 cameras in and 1 out via SDI - AJA corvid 88 cards). When my render time (GPU) reaches high number (30ms) I start to get GPU warnings. I stop my playback elements (mp4 loops) to let things settle and it really never does. My main question is...in task manager to monitor my system I'm only using 30% of my GPU total on my machine not just vMix, so why can't vMix utilize more of it? I have all settings to optimize performance (no power saving settings for Nvidia) and I have chosen the proper GPU in vMix settings.
To elaborate - I'm also using one HTML input to bring in some lower thirds with alpha (apache to create the local server on my system). HTML via browser input is using a CRAZY amount of GPU to play them (one HTML source for L3 adds 15-20ms!). Even after the L3 freezes and sits there the GPU is getting maxed. It's almost as if the HTML input is always "playing" and pulling data even though it's just basic text....I understand it needs to do this for data, but for the image it self?
I'm a bit lost I would like to know if I am missing a setting or best practices to use ALL my GPU and the full force of it in vMix

Thanks,
T
vmixgreg  
#2 Posted : Thursday, June 13, 2019 4:24:50 AM(UTC)
vmixgreg

Groups: Registered, Moderator

Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 16 post(s)
Hi tsulls,

Please note, the vMix GPU Mem Indicator refers to a small amount of cache memory vMix uses to transfer video data from the source to the graphics card, this cache memory is fixed on GPUs and is not a reflection of the "Total Memory" of the card. Some Inputs in vMix affect this % more than others.
Please review this Knowledge Base article about this:
https://www.vmix.com/kno...n-in-the-vmix-status-bar

vMixGreg
thanks 1 user thanked vmixgreg for this useful post.
tsulls on 6/13/2019(UTC)
tsulls  
#3 Posted : Thursday, June 13, 2019 9:43:11 AM(UTC)
tsulls

Thanks vmixgreg! Some of that in the link goes over my head as to why the whole GPU can not be utilized, but anyways I guess my other question is - has anyone had these issues over HTML input with alpha? regular browser? I know the link you sent says it uses more...but it's seriously intense on the machine.
toastbh  
#4 Posted : Thursday, June 20, 2019 9:50:05 AM(UTC)
toastbh

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I also see a very high gpu & cpu usage with html sources. We use a similar system with the HTML source to pull in lower thirds and some extra graphics/animations. Haven't really found a solution yet outside of building as much as I can with the GT Title Designer.
Longur  
#5 Posted : Saturday, June 22, 2019 6:30:17 AM(UTC)
Longur

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Whenever I stream 3rd party gaming tournaments, the stream packages I receive are always HTML overlays. I tried a few times to use them within vmix but always overload the GPU. So I have to use xsplit or obs and the overlays runs without a hitch within those application and I don't need to create a webserver to host the files. Adding it to xsplit/obs is simply drag and drop. GT Title Designer is amazing but I feel like Vmix should have better support for HTML overlays since it's widely used.
admin  
#6 Posted : Saturday, June 22, 2019 12:58:32 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4136 time(s) in 1487 post(s)
Hi,

In most cases the issue isn't going to be the web browser input necessarily, but rather adding too many inputs into vMix and pushing
the GPU cache memory over the limit.

If you are seeing the GPU Mem indicator at or near 100% this will be the reason why, and the article below goes through the steps needed to reduce this:

https://www.vmix.com/kno...n-in-the-vmix-status-bar

Also turning on High Input Performance Mode in Settings -> Performance should also help.

Regards,

Martin
vMix
xztraz  
#7 Posted : Sunday, August 8, 2021 4:21:43 AM(UTC)
xztraz

Sweden

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 2 post(s)
we saw this behavior today.

Machine i9, x299, 64Gb, Nvidia3080, M2-drives
project 108060p 4 cams(SDI). some GT titles, music. 3 cameras on replay. nothing that have overloaded the sys before.

and 2 web pages with transparency and some smaller animations pushed the gpu from 30-40% to max when the webpage updated with new lap-times.

latest wmix
latest nvidia studio drivers (no experience stuff installed)
latest win10 updates.
(i did update everything to see if it helped but no change)

did run a vmix diagnostics. nothing to complain about.

the recordings got some choppiness to it as well when the web page does the small animations.