logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
etruxo  
#1 Posted : Saturday, June 8, 2019 5:41:03 AM(UTC)
etruxo

Groups: Registered
Man
Italy

Good evening

We have installed a vMix Pro version to Customer Studio.

The WorkStation has the Video Decklink Quad2 card.
If we connect the n° 4 PTZ Optics V60s in SDi - we do not find Delay problems
If we connect the same n° 4 PTZ Optics V60 in NDi - we suffer variable delays in the time domain
Can you please suggest to us the correct setting in order (ESPECIALLY) to compensate the variability of the delay?

Thank
Ciao.
mjgraves  
#2 Posted : Saturday, June 8, 2019 6:17:31 AM(UTC)
mjgraves

Man
United States

Was thanked: 263 time(s) in 233 post(s)
Virtually all NDI-capable cameras, including PTZ Optics, use NDI|HX which introduces some delay. That's to be expected. However, it should be constant.

That said, I have seen cases where it seems like something in the nworks stalls, causing the camera to be behind. Then it will quickly "catch-up." when I saw this I was running on someone else's network.

I wasn't certain that the trouble was with the NIC on my vMix host, or elsewhere.
raugert  
#3 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 9:30:32 AM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

Was thanked: 309 time(s) in 176 post(s)
I am experiencing similar problems with PTZ Optics cameras lately. I typically use 4 NDI cameras and usually had constant and similar delay on all of them. Now, the delay of the cameras starts off OK but after 10 minutes or so, the delay will randomly increase on one or two of the cameras ( and not always the same ones !). In order to get them in sync again, I reboot the cameras or reboot vMix and all is good. Of course I can't reboot vMix in the middle of a show, so I disconnect the offending camera from the switch and all is good for a bit, until it happens again. It makes it very difficult to produce a reliable clean show when one has to reboot the cameras so often...

This happens on 2 different vMix computer systems. I've also tried different routers and switches in several configurations and still the same result.

vMix ver 22.0.60, i7-7820 CPU, 24GB Ram, 1080Ti Video Card, Blackmagic Decklink Quad2, Blackmagic Decklink Duo2
TP-Link C1200 Router, also tried Asus Router
Netgear 24 port managed switch with POE, also tried 8 port unmanaged Netgear POE switch
2- PTZ Optics 12X NDI, 2- PTZ Optics 20X NDI

I'm not sure if it's a vMix, PTZ Optics, switch or router issue.. I'm leaning toward a camera issue as it also affects the SDI output of the cameras.

Richard
PFBM  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, June 12, 2019 8:17:01 PM(UTC)
PFBM

Man

Was thanked: 35 time(s) in 30 post(s)
Originally Posted by: raugert Go to Quoted Post
I am experiencing similar problems with PTZ Optics cameras lately. I typically use 4 NDI cameras and usually had constant and similar delay on all of them. Now, the delay of the cameras starts off OK but after 10 minutes or so, the delay will randomly increase on one or two of the cameras ( and not always the same ones !). In order to get them in sync again, I reboot the cameras or reboot vMix and all is good. Of course I can't reboot vMix in the middle of a show, so I disconnect the offending camera from the switch and all is good for a bit, until it happens again. It makes it very difficult to produce a reliable clean show when one has to reboot the cameras so often...

This happens on 2 different vMix computer systems. I've also tried different routers and switches in several configurations and still the same result.

vMix ver 22.0.60, i7-7820 CPU, 24GB Ram, 1080Ti Video Card, Blackmagic Decklink Quad2, Blackmagic Decklink Duo2
TP-Link C1200 Router, also tried Asus Router
Netgear 24 port managed switch with POE, also tried 8 port unmanaged Netgear POE switch
2- PTZ Optics 12X NDI, 2- PTZ Optics 20X NDI

I'm not sure if it's a vMix, PTZ Optics, switch or router issue.. I'm leaning toward a camera issue as it also affects the SDI output of the cameras.

Richard

hi !!

configure the camera to CBR not VBR
ben1000  
#5 Posted : Friday, June 21, 2019 1:47:47 AM(UTC)
ben1000

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Howdy...

I am experiencing the same issue... All cameras are set to CBR...

Any help would be appreciated..

B.
ben1000  
#6 Posted : Saturday, June 22, 2019 1:58:30 AM(UTC)
ben1000

I ran NDI studio monitor this morning, and noticed that when 1 cam got delayed in vMix, this did NOT happen in studio monitor, so I believe this is a vMix issue.
admin  
#7 Posted : Saturday, June 22, 2019 1:01:23 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4135 time(s) in 1487 post(s)
Hi Ben,

Any delay is going to be an issue with the camera unfortunately.
We can know this because vMix itself uses a very small buffer of only a couple of frames, so it is not possible for vMix to suddenly delay a live source any more than that.

Each separate application uses a different stream output from the camera, so even when running Studio Monitor side by side
won't indicate the issue, as the stream being sent to vMix could be getting delayed independently.

I would suggest contacting PTZ Optics as they can advise the specific settings to configure the camera for the lowest latency
for NDI HX.

Regards,

Martin
vMix
Egrzybowski  
#8 Posted : Saturday, June 22, 2019 11:35:50 PM(UTC)
Egrzybowski

United States

I am seeing the same delay issue with the three PTZOptics cameras I run. They all start fine then at random after a few hours one will be delayed. You can see the delay happen some times were the feed pauses for a frame of so then pixelates and continues on just behind the others. It can happen to any of the three in any order. Refreshing the NDI feed, by rebooting the camera, or removing it from vMix and adding it back in fixes the issue until the next time. Also if you view the feed on a different computer via Studio monitor it is not delayed.

It looks like there is an issue with decoding the NDI/HX feed. I have changed out the network switches, cables, enable and disabled multicast with no luck in solving the issue or finding what is causing it.
admin  
#9 Posted : Sunday, June 23, 2019 2:06:08 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4135 time(s) in 1487 post(s)
Hi,

vMix uses the standard NDI-HX driver for decoding, (same as used in Studio Monitor).
So we don't really have any control over any decoding glitches and the like which would be a driver issue.

Best to contact PTZ Optics to see if they can suggest a solution.
I seem to recall disabling multicast in camera settings has helped in the past, but they should be able to confirm.

Regards,

Martin
vMix
ben1000  
#10 Posted : Sunday, June 23, 2019 4:42:19 AM(UTC)
ben1000

Howdy...

Thanks, Martin for being part of this discussion... :)

I'm going to run similar tests with OBS to see if I can replicate the situation. If it is a PTZ optics problem or a driver issue, we should be able to replicate the tests there...

To others on this thread... could I ask you to do the same? Download OBS, setup a 2 or 3 camera shoot pointing the cams at a clock or something else that can used for delay testing, and let's see if we can replicate the issue in OBS...

Thanks!

Best,

Ben

raugert  
#11 Posted : Wednesday, June 26, 2019 3:10:52 AM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

Was thanked: 309 time(s) in 176 post(s)
I tested using OBS with all the same hardware and settings ( 4 PTZoptics cameras, Netgear POE switch, TP Link router, ASUS laptop computer and NDI divers) as vMix. Been running for 24 hours. All cameras remain in sync.

Edit: I also launched 4 instance of Newtek Studio Monitor with each of the 4 cameras in it's own window. All cameras remain in sync after 4 hours..