logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Exceede  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, May 29, 2019 9:33:41 PM(UTC)
Exceede

Groups: Registered
Australia

Hi All,

I would love to know how the following is achievable/if its even possible with vMix. I have achieved it with OBS but would love to use vMix if I can make this work!

I've got 6 cameras - when on a specific 4 of them I would like an Overlay displayed that cycles between 4 sources. When on the other 2 Cameras, no/different overlay.

So to be clear, when on Camera 1-4 an Overlay is on screen at all times and that Overlay cycles between 4 sources. Those sources need to be editable/multiview-capable live and cannot just be static images.

I understand how to achieve this with static images, but I need to be able to Multiview Browser Sources/Text on top of the images and Slideshow/Image Overlay doesn't give this option.

Does anyone know how this is achievable?

Thanks
vmixgreg  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, May 29, 2019 11:54:45 PM(UTC)
vmixgreg

Groups: Registered, Moderator

Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 16 post(s)
Hi Exceede,

This should be very possible with vMix and there are likely several different ways to achieve your objectives depending on your workflow and/or overall capabilities.
This video provides a general overview of the vMix Input MultiView feature, and with a little creative thinking, you should be able to either use multiple Virtual copy Inputs and/or Shortcuts and Triggers to get the results you want:

I hope that helps somewhat.

vMixGreg
Exceede  
#3 Posted : Thursday, May 30, 2019 12:35:35 PM(UTC)
Exceede

Australia

Thanks @vmixgreg,

I have watched this video and a number of others offered by both vMix and the community, I'm now familiar with the settings but as what I'm trying to achieve seems to be more advanced I don't think its covered in a vMix Tutorial.

There are only a limited few inputs that let me use it as an Overlay, and as far as I can tell only one of them is Dynamic for the content I want:

MultiView - This is the best thing for what I'm trying to achieve but, even after playing with Triggers I cannot get it to cycle to another Multiview on the same Camera/Scene after x seconds AND THEN loop back to the original, so that it loops forever.

Slideshows are great but you can only add static media (NOT inputs) to your slideshow, such as a slideshow of pictures. You cannot add a Slideshow of Multiviews (which is what I think is required, thus the title of this thread)

I've tried 3rd party applications such as vTask but still cannot achieve this.

From my understanding the only way to achieve this is with use of the scripting/API available which is fantastic that its available and is an option, but disappointing that I can achieve this on (free) OBS and not a premium product such as vMix out of the box.

If you know how to achieve what I'm asking I would greatly appreciate at least a point in the right direction!

Thanks

ask  
#4 Posted : Thursday, May 30, 2019 2:52:55 PM(UTC)
ask

Australia

Was thanked: 199 time(s) in 181 post(s)
Have a look at the playlist capabilities. The use of it in combination with multiviews will probably do what you need. Once you have items in a list double click them to set the properties. https://www.vmix.com/hel.../index.htm?Playlist.html
Exceede  
#5 Posted : Thursday, May 30, 2019 3:02:31 PM(UTC)
Exceede

Australia

Thanks Ask!

I've dived into Playlists as well, but to my knowledge this is not applicable as it will always just change what is "live" to the playlist item.

In our situation the cameras are being changed frequently and if I set a playlist of Multiviews then its not going to have any context to the camera we're on and just change it back to what camera that Multiview is set to. It would be very useful to be able to set a playlist for Inputs that aren't forced live, but I think this is only achievable through scripting/3rd Party.

Appreciate your help

Any other ideas?
ask  
#6 Posted : Thursday, May 30, 2019 5:38:14 PM(UTC)
ask

Australia

Was thanked: 199 time(s) in 181 post(s)
Have you tried LIST inputs?Can you point to a sample of your OBS footage so we can see what you are trying to achieve and what the use case for this is?
Exceede  
#7 Posted : Thursday, May 30, 2019 5:49:19 PM(UTC)
Exceede

Australia

Sample:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/428040154

You'll see it at basically any point after 10 minutes but I scrubbed to 1hr and you can see the bottom bar in action.

The host changes between (4) cameras at any point, and the bottom bar will loop between (at this stage) 6 different scenes (each for 10 seconds). These "bottom bar" scenes have images, video, browser sources and sounds in them that overlay onto whatever camera the host chooses. They are not just static images.

Please let me know how you would create this in vMix (without custom scripts) as so far I can't see it being possible.

Thanks
Exceede  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, June 5, 2019 9:36:13 AM(UTC)
Exceede

Australia

An update for anyone that comes across this: it's not possible out of the box (without custom scripting), which is very unfortunate as it is in the (free) OBS.

Luckily I also have web dev experience so I created a browser source of a local website built to create this effect, so whenever I want to update the "bottom bar" I update the local 'website'.

I believe vMix could really benefit from the ability to create slideshows from different inputs (in this case Multiviews).
vfxblend  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, July 29, 2020 10:35:52 PM(UTC)
vfxblend

Was thanked: 32 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Exceede Go to Quoted Post
Hi All,

I would love to know how the following is achievable/if its even possible with vMix. I have achieved it with OBS but would love to use vMix if I can make this work!

I've got 6 cameras - when on a specific 4 of them I would like an Overlay displayed that cycles between 4 sources. When on the other 2 Cameras, no/different overlay.

So to be clear, when on Camera 1-4 an Overlay is on screen at all times and that Overlay cycles between 4 sources. Those sources need to be editable/multiview-capable live and cannot just be static images.

I understand how to achieve this with static images, but I need to be able to Multiview Browser Sources/Text on top of the images and Slideshow/Image Overlay doesn't give this option.

Does anyone know how this is achievable?

Thanks

In this tutorial, i will take your through the template project and introduce a new function to auto load and start any vtask project, great tips on how to use vTask to create a slideshow of any vmix input.
download this and other templates from: http://vfxblend.com/templates