logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
h2video.nl  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, February 12, 2014 2:44:04 AM(UTC)
h2video.nl

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 45 time(s) in 39 post(s)
hi Martin,

one of the improvements of vmix is the ability to chose which overlay to show and record. a choise can be made between fullscreen and rec/external. this way you can show an overlay but not record / stream it or vice versa.

would it be possible to seperate the choice for external and recording also ! so show and stream an overlay but not record it!

i frequently make livestreams which i also want to record. I use two or three machines with vmix: mixing machines at satelite rooms/ locations and a live streamer machine as a central point and switch. on the streamer i mix or chose which satelite input will be live. on this machine i will run the live ticker with info for the viewers.

i don't want to record the ticker but i want to stream it, but now i have only the choise to stream and record with or without the ticker overlay. i would like to be able to stream the overlay ( ext out) and not rec it.

this way i can seperate workflow between rec of events at satelite positions and bring it all together on the streaming machine and switch there and use a live stream ticker with info for viewers....

if there is a work around i am happy to hear about it.

i have a 6 hour live stream on thursday feb 13 2014 from 09.30 until 17.00 h ams time ( = GMT+1) on www.waterTV.nl

cheers,
stefan
ask  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, February 12, 2014 2:54:39 AM(UTC)
ask

Australia

Was thanked: 199 time(s) in 181 post(s)
I am making the assumption that you have a couple of vmix licences. Why not do your mixing and recording on machine 1. Send out an external out feed to machine 2 . On machine 2 ingest the feed into vmix and apply the livestream overlays. Send this stream to FMLE .
h2video.nl  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, February 12, 2014 3:23:10 AM(UTC)
h2video.nl

Man

Was thanked: 45 time(s) in 39 post(s)
yes, that's what i do. but i have two machines for mixing and one streamer. i want to record it all, so studio interviews and switch from studio to presenration theater. the streamer is the live stream with info for viewers. that i want to seperate out from the final central recording.

the stream recording is also a backup for the mixers. but in the studio the interviews are recorded, not the output to live....

in the future i want to use even more than 2satelite recordings... mixed at a central place...

gr. stefan