logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
chrissabato  
#1 Posted : Sunday, April 28, 2019 10:30:37 AM(UTC)
chrissabato

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I want to record a second file with one input and one overlay. I'm streaming sports and basically want a semi-clean feed, just the primary camera, and the scorebug overlay.

In the output settings on output 4, I have the source set to input 1 and the overlay set to 1. In the recording settings, I have output 4 selected. The file has the correct input but no overlay. Even if I turn all the overlays on it's still just the input.

I know there are other ways to accomplish this, but this seems exactly like what these settings are for. Am I missing something or is this a bug?

Output Settings
grantcoll  
#2 Posted : Sunday, April 28, 2019 11:03:09 AM(UTC)
grantcoll

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 9 post(s)
Hi, not sure if I am much help, as this area is confusing to me also. But I suspect you are trying to use the Outputs for a different purpose to their design. Outputs are somewhat dedicated to special devices. I found this in the document:
========
Output 1
This is the primary output in vMix, also known as "Program". This is the Output that is used by the Recording, Stream and External 1.

Output 2
This is the secondary output in vMix which is also shared with the External 2 output.
Any changes to the source here will affect what is seen on the External 2 output as well.

Output 3, 4
These additional outputs are available for use with Video Call, Instant Replay and NDI only.
========

Maybe if you try using Output 2, which is available as a secondary output for regular use.
Grant.
spencerm24  
#3 Posted : Sunday, April 28, 2019 11:16:31 AM(UTC)
spencerm24

Was thanked: 19 time(s) in 17 post(s)
Is Overlay 1 active with some sort of graphic? or are you wanting it to record it with an overlay that is not on your main output? If its the first one, I can't see anything wrong, if its the second one, you'd need to make a virtual input and use the multiview to show the graphical overlay.

the Overlay 1 you turned on, means whatever is in overlay 1 on your main output will go on the recording, ONLY IF THAT OVERLAY IS ON IN THE MAIN PROGRAM FEED.
chrissabato  
#4 Posted : Sunday, April 28, 2019 11:35:48 AM(UTC)
chrissabato

United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Yes, the overlay is on the program output, but does not appear in the output 4 recording.