logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
mintchap  
#1 Posted : Saturday, April 27, 2019 4:23:31 AM(UTC)
mintchap

Groups: Registered
United States

I have an ipad-based teleprompter, and wanted to set up my iPad to work as a third display with vMix on my Windows machine. Then using a vMix call input, I planned to assign my iPad display to show the vMix caller. This way I could reflect the caller off my teleprompter and be looking right into the camera while talking with the guest.

I determined to best way to achieve this was with a lighting to USB cable connection and an iPad app called Duet. I installed Duet on my Windows computer and also installed the Duet app on my iPad. Voila, everything worked perfectly. Now when I go to Display Settings in Windows I see my two displays connected to my video card as well as my iPad display connected via the lighting to USB cable. I have my settings set on "extended" so all 3 displays are now working like one large display (I can drag my mouse pointer across all three displays).

Here's the problem I'm having: I expected to launch vMix and now see all three displays available to me. But I don't -- I only see the two displays connected to my video card.

What do I need to do to get vMix to recognize my new iPad display? Thanks!

sickley1  
#2 Posted : Sunday, April 28, 2019 10:48:25 PM(UTC)
sickley1

What version of windows are you using? Older versions of windows had some major issues with multiple displays that were vastly improved in 8/8.1/10.

I'm assuming the ipad shows up as a display in Windows' display settings?

Edit: I've used spacedesk and had no problems personally so you may try that as an alternative.
mintchap  
#3 Posted : Monday, April 29, 2019 2:44:05 AM(UTC)
mintchap

United States

Using Windows 10. I did finally get it working, although I'm not actually sure what I did to make it work yet.