logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
richardgatarski  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, April 17, 2019 7:59:03 PM(UTC)
richardgatarski

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 292 time(s) in 246 post(s)
I noticed some font rendering issues when importing PSD files (created woth Photoshop Elements 2018). These might be impossible to fix. In any case my recommendation is that one test import a design into GT (1.0.0.54) before spending hours on it in Photoshop. At leas I did, and I'm glad for that :)

To begin with, text with faux weight (e.g "Arial" with Bold marked instead of "Arial bold") renders very differently in GT. Besides looking different, some part of the text might become invisible in GT as it does not fit the text frame. It might be that the text width, as set in Photoshop, is ignored by GT.

I also noted a few pixels difference in a png exported from Photoshop as compared to one png exported from GT. Se attached images.
text-GT.png (27kb) downloaded 4 time(s). text-PSD.png (28kb) downloaded 0 time(s).
Tomasz  
#2 Posted : Thursday, April 18, 2019 4:22:26 PM(UTC)
Tomasz

United Arab Emirates

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Adobe products use their own font rendering engine, so the difference in handling fonts should be expected
richardgatarski  
#3 Posted : Thursday, April 18, 2019 6:39:08 PM(UTC)
richardgatarski

Was thanked: 292 time(s) in 246 post(s)
Well, me being just an ordinary user I did not expect a difference (rather ignorant when it comes to rendering engines).
My attempt here was just to inform other users about this issue. I think that in most cases the problems can be avoided if one is cautios when designing a GT Title using Photoshop.

In the attached updated images you can see the export generated by Photoshop, GT, and Vegas Movie Studio 15 (a non Adobe product), in that order top to bottom. As can easily be seen the GT export differs substantially. In Photoshop all text elements are Center justified, with their text boxes width set to the width of the text. The Photoshop and Vegas exports are identical.
text-PSD.png (46kb) downloaded 0 time(s). text-GT.png (46kb) downloaded 0 time(s). text-Vegas.png (84kb) downloaded 0 time(s).
admin  
#4 Posted : Friday, April 19, 2019 2:27:02 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4136 time(s) in 1487 post(s)
As per the help:
http://help.vmix.com/graphics/1/FileMenu.html

"Text will be imported as editable text but may require some font adjustments such as font size to account for the font rendering differences between GT and Photoshop."