logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
daveyijzermans  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, April 3, 2019 7:13:22 PM(UTC)
daveyijzermans

Groups: Registered

Hi vMix team and forum members,

I'm in a bit of a pickle when it comes to vMix 22 and the inclusion of vMix GT. I've bought my vMix license somewhere in the end of 2017, and so I'm not eligible for the free update. I have no problem with the update fee, it's a fair price.

However, I currently have no direct need for the features that were included in 22, mainly the title designer. So currently, I'm not planning on upgrading my license. It's not that I wouldn't want to pay the fee, but in my view, with the current upgrade path vMix is taking, I'd be better of waiting until version 23, which will probably come after the upgrade window for version 22 would expire anyway, then upgrading and I'd get the title designer included in that for "free" (so basically skipping one update)

Now I guess this is just the way the upgrade system is set up, but it seems kinda off. I'm glad for all vMix users that GT was included in vMix and not made into standalone software, but disappointed that vMix itself has taken a back seat in this major version bump, and people like myself who have no interest (again, only currently) in the title designer, cannot get the small fixes and improvement that are included in version 22, into version 21.

Kind regards,

Davey.
richardgatarski  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, April 3, 2019 9:58:12 PM(UTC)
richardgatarski

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 292 time(s) in 246 post(s)
Hi Davey,
As I understand it a vMix license includes one year of free updates. That has not been enforced for many years. For the v22 update there is a small fee, which is very generous considering the number of years we have had free version updates.

A different thing is version upgrades, eg from HD to 4K, that includes a bundle of additional features. If you have HD, and don't want GT editing capabilities, you can stick with HD and just update for the small fee. And you can indeed use the GT templates that are included in v22.