logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
vmixer  
#1 Posted : Monday, April 1, 2019 10:34:16 AM(UTC)
vmixer

Groups: Registered
United States

Hello - I can't figure out how to get a keyboard short cut to work for a Data Source.

I'm trying to get DataSourceNextRow to work with a keystroke and DataSourcePreviousRow to work with another keystroke.

I'm using this for a Title / XAML input with Google Sheets. That part works fine - when I open the Data Sources Manager I can see each row of inputs and can control from the arrow buttons (in lower left corner of that UI window) then the titles change as they should in Preview or Program.

But I can't get a Short Cut to work. I've got other short cuts working fine.
I believe the issue may be with an incorrect value. I'm not exactly sure what the value needs to be. The example provided simply says "Name,Table".

Any help appreciated.
Thanks!
vmixer  
#2 Posted : Monday, April 1, 2019 10:42:58 AM(UTC)
vmixer

United States

... and I've already figured it out.

Yes this has to do with the Value field. For Google Sheets the value field should be:
Name=Google Sheets
Table=whatever-your-table-name-displayed-in-Data-Sources-Manager

Example:
Google Sheets,Table Name

*!-There is no space after the comma-!*
mark2020  
#3 Posted : Saturday, February 13, 2021 10:13:40 AM(UTC)
mark2020

Originally Posted by: vmixer Go to Quoted Post
... and I've already figured it out.

Yes this has to do with the Value field. For Google Sheets the value field should be:
Name=Google Sheets
Table=whatever-your-table-name-displayed-in-Data-Sources-Manager

Example:
Google Sheets,Table Name

*!-There is no space after the comma-!*

The table name is currently optional, but with present coding, I've had to use the Data Source name in the value field, rather than "Google Sheets".

One thing that gave me a heck of a time was that after the shortcut was working (nothing I did changed titles shortcuts, or data source), it wouldn't cycle between data source lines. I have next, previous (both pause render before cycling) and unpause render shortcuts for once the appropriate row is selected.

I use companion to show me a brief description of the title that's "up" (normal behavior is that it changes each press, even when paused), but even direct shortcut presses had no effect. Has anyone encountered this with a previously functional shortcut?
mark2020  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, February 16, 2021 8:46:15 AM(UTC)
mark2020

I also think I answered my own question on this one too, but haven't tried to "break" a working setup to confirm.

It seems that at least of ver 23.0.0.66, vMix recognizes Sheets' column name for data source purposes, instead of resolving that to the column itself. So if you change row 1 labels, your previous selections are no longer recognized.