logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
MarkNF82  
#1 Posted : Thursday, March 28, 2019 8:09:10 AM(UTC)
MarkNF82

Groups: Registered
Canada

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Hi Everyone.

I almost swear I remember this being a feature request awhile back, but I can't find it after searching, so maybe I was wrong.

We have an older Blackmagic ATEM 1 m/e switcher that has been regulated to storage since we started using vMix. We used it a few times while we were using another streaming software, but as we needed a separate computer to control the ATEM, we didn't use it all that much.

Since then I have seen MimoLive has a plugin that controls some aspects of the ATEM, primarily preview, program buses, and transitions within the software instead of having to use the blackmagic software. In the example video, they take program out and feed it to a laptop over a single thunderbolt capture device. I know the ATEM can do much more, but even this ability within vMix would be a great addition to the vMix feature library.

Thanks

+1

daveyijzermans  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, April 3, 2019 7:01:25 PM(UTC)
daveyijzermans

I'm not exactly sure which functionality you'd like to see in vMix regarding ATEM control, but I'm working on an application to control vMix and ATEM switchers from a unified interface, even simultaneously.

I don't know if you're technically inclined, but you're welcome to test it out here.
richardgatarski  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, April 3, 2019 10:06:32 PM(UTC)
richardgatarski

Was thanked: 292 time(s) in 246 post(s)
MarkNF82,
Search here, or on the Web, for "Bitfocus Companion" that together with an Elgato StreamDeck makes it possible to control both ATEM switchers and vMix.

I think you can also via vMix scripting control ATEM mixers via their API.

From my needs base, there are more important new features I would like to see developed by the vMix team. That is, compared to controlling other switchers (there is an abundance of those including ATEMs).
BETech  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, April 3, 2019 11:04:32 PM(UTC)
BETech

Was thanked: 109 time(s) in 71 post(s)
To control vMix and the Blackmagic ATEM switcher using either the API or Midi, you could try ‘Just Macros’.

This can be done on the same computer, but you will need to have multiple displays to see both vMix and the ATEM switcher control software.

‘Just Macros’ has a very small CPU footprint, and sits quietly as an icon on the Windows taskbar.

The feature set is comprehensive in controlling all the models of ATEM. I successfully used Midi as the common communications interface between the ATEM and vMix for two Client projects several years ago.

Contact the author for further documentation and the recommended online forums to explore this further.

https://justmacros.tv/licences.html

I agree with Richard that the feature request is most probably beyond the development scope for vMix, for the reasons he outlined.