logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
bjustice  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, March 20, 2019 8:19:42 AM(UTC)
bjustice

Groups: Registered

Hello,

we are using VMIX in a bit of an abnormal fashion. We will have 4 rackmount servers each running a separate VMIX license. Each server will have a single BlackMagic Decklink Quad 2 capture card. Each server will be acquiring video from 8 3G-SDI video cameras running at the full 1080 60fps.

These servers will be treated as raw video recording servers. An operator will press a "start video recording" button on a remote user interface, and this should start recording on all VMIX servers. A "stop video recording" button will then subsequently stop recording on all servers. Note that these servers will be operated remotely and that there should be no reason at all for someone to have to remote desktop into any of these servers to start or stop recording. (We're using the VMIX API to issue remote start/stop multicorder commands.)

We thought that was going to work great, but we ran into a snag: VMIX multicorder will return an error if any input streams are blank/off. More specifically, this returns the error:
"Recording timed out waiting for first frame."

This is a snag for us because sometimes, one of our cameras will be off for random reasons. I don't want to have to remote desktop into the software in order to find and un-check the multicorder box so that this stream isn't acquired.

As such, my feature request here is for there to be an option where multicorder will start recording, even if one of the input streams is blank or off. This would simplify my life considerably.

Thank you
bjustice  
#2 Posted : Thursday, March 21, 2019 1:47:45 AM(UTC)
bjustice

Groups: Registered

Success!

This feature is available and confirmed working in VMIX 22