logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
FrankLeggett  
#1 Posted : Monday, March 18, 2019 9:40:52 PM(UTC)
FrankLeggett

Groups: Registered
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)
I was unable to stream to Facebook last Thursday as the stream from VMix was coming to Facebook with a low and erratic framerate. I had to instead use OBS on the same laptop. The input for VMix was via a Tricaster ndi output. Also I have noticed that if I try and use the Facebook API on VMix it doesn't list all my accounts so I have to stream via a Facebook streamkey and use the custom RTMP setting to stream from VMix. I have just uploaded my latest error report but that may not show the stream to Facebook.

Please can you help as this is the third time I have been unable to stream to Facebook using the laptop (Model is a recommended VMix laptop) and VMix but have been able to stream with OBS.

I have just added GPU Alert to the and it stats the GPU is overloaded but Task Manager says the NVidia GPU is only working at 38% and even the Intel GPU is only at 15%. I only have 1 input and it is a NDI input from another PC via VLC.

I am on the latest VMix version.52 downloaded this morning.

On further investigation the GPU Overload happens as soon as I add any input including a local video file.
FrankLeggett  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, March 19, 2019 7:51:58 AM(UTC)
FrankLeggett

Groups: Registered
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)
I might fixed the issue. I didn't know I had to go into Nvidia Game Control to set up G-Sync. After setting this up the Laptop is now working with VMix and can stream to Facebook without any problems.

I would still like to know why only 2 of my 4 Facebook groups are listed if you use the VMix Facebook login.