logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ben1000  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, March 12, 2019 6:42:20 AM(UTC)
ben1000

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Howdy... I have upgraded to .51, but I still can't see existing livestreams to stream to in the Vimeo settings window..

Any help?

Best,

Ben

pwood99  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, March 27, 2019 2:41:17 PM(UTC)
pwood99

United States

I just downloaded 22.0.0.52 free trial at home. When I go to its Stream/Vimeo config, it now has a bar for a streamname. After filling in "name", then when I click on "createStream", it goes makes a stream at Vimeo with that name that I can stream to & watch. Yay!

For some reason, the 4K version at work, where I use Vmix, does NOT have the bar for the stream name or CreateStream options. I thought I had installed the latest Vmix software updates, but will go double check this tomorrow. And report back here what I find.

Best Wishes,

Peter

pwood99  
#3 Posted : Thursday, March 28, 2019 8:07:47 AM(UTC)
pwood99

United States

It turned out we were running version 21, and that our automatic updates had expired. That is fixed now & we're running 22.0.0.54.

There are more config options for Stream/Vimeo, but not many. There is a "stream-name" field, showing which Vimeo stream name is in use, and fields for setting up a new stream. These include setting "name", "description", "privacy", and a "create stream" button. If I create a stream, its name gets put in the "stream-name" field.

And over on Vimeo, an event with title "stream-name" and a unique URL gets created.

Pre-existing streams over at Vimeo are not getting listed. So I too do not see a way to list streams already existing over at Vimeo to stream to. Is this a bug, a future feature?

Also, when I first logged into Vimeo, the Vmix/Vimeo integration module asked permission to manage a lot of things in Vimeo, way more than the Vmix/stream/vimeo interface is currently giving me access to. What's the plan for this Vmix/Vimeo integration module? How can I find out more about it?

Thanks,
Peter