logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
DeepPrpl  
#1 Posted : Friday, March 8, 2019 2:51:29 AM(UTC)
DeepPrpl

Groups: Registered
United States

I am the AV tech at my small Methodist church. I have an x32 mixer board. From the x32, I route USB audio to a W10 computer from which I use Reaper to record various audio channels.

Can I also pick out one of these audio channels as input to my vMix production?
Vuurmannetje  
#2 Posted : Friday, March 8, 2019 6:01:42 AM(UTC)
Vuurmannetje

Was thanked: 28 time(s) in 18 post(s)
Yes, as long as Windows recognizes your X32 as an audio interface, Vmix will see it as well.

Just make sure to that reaper does not take exclusive control if you're running that on the same pc (which in and of itself might be challenging depending on computer specs).

If you want to route it over network, going the Dante way solves a lot of issues.
sickley1  
#3 Posted : Sunday, March 10, 2019 10:19:12 PM(UTC)
sickley1

We use x32 for our audio and it works great with vmix. You can create a busmix of what you want to be streamed and then send that over usb as your input in windows. You can then pair that with their desktop app for controlling the mix (using sends-on-fader) without needing to walk over to the board itself

Another option is to use Dante which will let you load busmixes in as ASIO inputs, but that takes a bit more work and in most cases is probably not needed. It does, however, let you route your x32 from the computer receiving it to any computer on the same work as long as that computer, and the network it is on, can handle the load.