logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
patrickfrog  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, March 5, 2019 12:58:13 AM(UTC)
patrickfrog

Groups: Registered
United States

Hello,

I am using a Blackmagic DeckLink Quad (not the 2 version) card as my SDI capture card for vMix which is working well. I would also like to use one of the card's outputs as my external output to an HD modulator which will be displaying the video on TVs. I know that the card supports 1080p29.97 and that each of the 4 ports (which have one input and one output) need to have the same resoultion/framerate settings. That being said, I chose an unused port on the card for my output (SDI 4 in this case), set the External Output settings to "External Rendered" set the resolution to 1080p29.97, and attempted to start the output however, I receive the following error (see attached image).
vMixError.jpg (801kb) downloaded 1 time(s).

vMix is configured to work in 720p29.97, could this be the problem? An ideas and help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks!
zenvideo  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, March 5, 2019 2:37:32 AM(UTC)
zenvideo

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 183 time(s) in 130 post(s)
I have a vague recollection that in the past, with multi-channel Blackmagic cards like this one, it was best to use the lowest numbered channels for output (Ch1, or Ch1+2) if the other channels are being used as inputs. Just something you might wish to try, in case it applies here (despite not being apparent from the error message you're seeing).
ggudnason  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, March 5, 2019 4:38:58 AM(UTC)
ggudnason

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Check the connector mapping in the blackmagic desktop video utility. It could be set to more than one connector as seen here https://softron.zendesk...._Settings_FullDuplex.png
quantum  
#4 Posted : Sunday, March 10, 2019 7:21:30 PM(UTC)
quantum

Estonia

Hello, patrickfrog
I have also Decklink Quad (not 2nd generation), but I cannot run input from cameras. How you ajust this capture card - easy, without any specific settings? Because in Supported Hardware list Quad1 not included. But another card with 4 inputs I don't have now :(

quantum  
#5 Posted : Sunday, March 10, 2019 10:00:12 PM(UTC)
quantum

Estonia

Originally Posted by: patrickfrog Go to Quoted Post
I am using a Blackmagic DeckLink Quad (not the 2 version) card as my SDI capture card for vMix which is working well.

My card always on inputs see only black screen... Dont Understand what is this?
A few days ago released new drivers major version 11, but drivers may be to blameā€¦ What version number is you used, when you working Quad card?
patrickfrog  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, March 12, 2019 12:58:12 AM(UTC)
patrickfrog

United States

quantum,

To make my inputs work, I first made sure everything was compatible resolution and framerate-wise. Here is the spec sheet for the card:
DeckLinkQuad.png (154kb) downloaded 3 time(s).

In my case, I had cameras with both an HDMI and SDI output but I was unable to use the SDI output because its specs did not match exactly with the card unfortunately. So, I ended up using a BlackMagic HDMI to SDI converter which works nicely.

Second, I would make sure you are getting any video by using the BlackMagic media express software that came installed with the driver. This will tell you if it is a VMix issue or some other problem.

Finally, when you add the input to VMix, make sure all the resolutions and framerates match your camera and on of the valid settings from the specs above.

That actually leads me into the solution for my problem. It turns out that VMix will throw this error if it is not running in a resolution and framerate compatible with the output card. I was running in 720p29.97 which is not compatible with the DeckLink Quad. I switched to 1080p29.97 and was able to get video out!!