logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
RoboST  
#1 Posted : Saturday, March 2, 2019 8:19:09 AM(UTC)
RoboST

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Been going through our vMix config again, had an issue where vMix Video was not working in an external application. Finally got that sorted but while going through the config for External Output, I was curious about how/what the vMix Video Virtual Webcam resolution is configured / outputted.

Our vMix resolution (Global/Project?) is 720p30 (Settings | Display: Output Size(1280x720) under Master Frame Rate (NTSC 30p)
Our BCC950 webcam is configured for 1024x576 on that Input, which allows the BCC950 additional zoom distance vs grabbing 720p from the BCC950.
We use a custom encoder from our host and select vMix Video for the webcam. There is just one setting for resolution which is set or 720p and I assumed that was for output.

Up to this point, I also assumed the vMix Video (from vMix output) resolution would be 720p30. I'm not sure now.

Under Settings | External Output, vMix Video / Streaming and Use Streaming Settings are checked. Under that, Frame Rate is NTSC 30p and Output Size is 864x486 and both are of course greyed out.

I click the Gear Icon next to Stream and click the Gear Icon for Quality, Encode Size is also 864x486.

Does this mean that the vMix Video (as a virtual webcam) resolution is only 864x486 (and perhaps being Input at that in the Encoder, then scaled up to 720p)?

I could install FMLE and perhaps see the Input resolution(s), I can't remember.

RoboST  
#2 Posted : Sunday, March 3, 2019 5:02:48 AM(UTC)
RoboST

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
So I re-loaded the saved preset via it's saved name vs last.vmix and I now see:

Under Settings | External Output, vMix Video / Streaming and Use Streaming Settings are checked. Under that, Frame Rate is NTSC 30p and Output Size is 1280x720 and both are of course greyed out, Also for (use) Display Settings.

I then checked Streaming settings and it was configured for 630x360. Rechecking External Output settings, now saw 640x360 (???) but for (use) Display Settings, which was greyed out, it was 1280x720.

How are these settings changing on their own just by viewing these settings (back and forth)?

I unchecked 'Use Streaming Settings' and set/forced that to 1280x720. Is this the preferred way to ensure that vMix Video Virtual webcam driver is 720p? I know to accomplish many things, there are several ways to accomplish them with vMix.