logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ebjorno  
#1 Posted : Friday, March 1, 2019 8:27:25 PM(UTC)
ebjorno

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hello. I have been watching the CS:GO Major, and somehow people in the live chat thought they could switch cameras with "commands" in the live chat. Is this possible to actually do? It would be really cool to try out. Is there a way to listen to the live chat window for commands like "/cam1" and "/cam2", and trigger the ActiveInput function in vMix?
sickley1  
#2 Posted : Monday, March 11, 2019 1:22:12 AM(UTC)
sickley1

vMix is able to take "shortcut" commands remotely, this can be easily achieved through midi over ip or using the web controller (which I believe utilizes javascript). You would have to write a chat bot (twitch uses irc so there's plenty of info on how to do such, not personally sure about youtube though.), that would read chat commands and then sends either a midi command or a javascript command to activate a shortcut on vMix.

Definitely possible, but not really a default built in feature, so you'll have to do some work on your own to do this.
doggy  
#3 Posted : Monday, March 11, 2019 6:36:52 AM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 916 time(s) in 755 post(s)
cam1, no cam2, no no Cam1 .... i can see it already 10 people doing the requests at the same time LOL
sickley1  
#4 Posted : Monday, March 18, 2019 1:58:33 AM(UTC)
sickley1

Originally Posted by: doggy Go to Quoted Post
cam1, no cam2, no no Cam1 .... i can see it already 10 people doing the requests at the same time LOL

I'd agree. You could setup a cooldown with most chatbots for commands. The better option would be to do something like Znipe. Of course you're talking about a lot more setup, but would allow people to view the cams they want without changing it for the entire audience.