logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Peter Berglund  
#1 Posted : Thursday, February 28, 2019 8:50:06 PM(UTC)
Peter Berglund

Groups: Registered
Man
Sweden

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Hi,

I'm still learning how to use vMix and it's really a great product. I'm still evaluating the trial version and this morning I made a two person interview with three cameras. I did a "normal production recording", but as a safe measure for post editing in Premiere I also used the MultiCorder for all three camera streams.

At one spot during the recording, one of the persons in the interview hesitated in his answer which we noticed afterwards was not a good thing, so I had to edit in post. I was then satisfied that I had used MultiCorder so I was able to "repair" that part, but I also realized that the MultiCorder use the RAW video streams (which usually is preferable). The thing was however that I spent some time prior recording to match the three cameras in the studio with colour charts and made some adjustments in lift, gain and saturation by means of the tools in vMix.

Long story short is that the raw-files obviously look different compared with the recorded session which use the adjustments done on each input. So I had to grade the raw-files in post to match them with the recorded version. Not a big deal perhaps, but here it comes, my feature request to streamline your workflow if needed: Add a tick-box in the MultiCorder setup window for each stream saying "Use vMix colour settings". If not ticked it will be the normal raw stream recording as of today (v22.0.0.49).

Hope this makes sense.
:)
/Peter
sinc747  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, July 9, 2019 4:17:39 AM(UTC)
sinc747

Man
United States

Was thanked: 194 time(s) in 160 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Peter Berglund Go to Quoted Post
The raw-files obviously look different compared with the recorded session which use the adjustments done on each input. Add a tick-box in the MultiCorder setup window for each stream saying "Use vMix colour settings". If not ticked it will be the normal raw stream recording

+1

This makes good sense. Not sure how hard it would be to implement.

- Tom

vmixgreg  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, July 10, 2019 12:25:28 AM(UTC)
vmixgreg

Groups: Registered, Moderator

Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 16 post(s)
Please note, the vMix MultiCorder uses the raw source feed prior to vMix processing.
If wanting to record the post vMix processing you are best to route that through one of the vMix Outputs for use in the MultiCorder.

I hope that helps.

vMixGreg
thanks 1 user thanked vmixgreg for this useful post.
sinc747 on 7/12/2019(UTC)
pingu2k  
#4 Posted : Monday, November 9, 2020 8:03:36 AM(UTC)
pingu2k

Germany

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 2 post(s)
+1
I stumbled on this during the last show and it would be cool to use the vmix adjustments (color/audio) during multicorder-Recording.
Peter Berglund  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, November 2, 2022 1:51:15 AM(UTC)
Peter Berglund

Man
Sweden

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Originally Posted by: vmixgreg Go to Quoted Post
Please note, the vMix MultiCorder uses the raw source feed prior to vMix processing.
If wanting to record the post vMix processing you are best to route that through one of the vMix Outputs for use in the MultiCorder.

I hope that helps.

vMixGreg

Hi,

I'm well aware of that - and that's why I made this feature request some 4 years back. But I still think it would be a great function to have an option to specify whether the MultiCorder should use the raw source feed or the color corrected feed while recording. I stumble into the same issue often and as I'm using multiple cameras, it's not possible to use vMix Outputs for this purpose. One workaround is of course to do all color correction in the camera itself and use a flat color correction in vMix, but I find it more handy to do this in vMix. So please :)

Thx!
/Peter

WaltG12  
#6 Posted : Saturday, November 5, 2022 5:26:05 AM(UTC)
WaltG12

United States

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 24 post(s)
I would assume, though I certainly don't know for sure, that any Feature Requests that yield the response that you should use your Outputs runs into the same system bottleneck as the perennial "more Outputs!" request.

I don't know what they are. Odds are, I wouldn't fully understand if it were explained.

But there's something under the hood that precludes Outputs beyond the 4 we have, despite it being one of the most commonly brought up requests. And my guess is that same thing prevents the Multicorder from being able to access processed video beyond those 4 Outputs, hence the reply you received.