logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ShermanPat  
#1 Posted : Thursday, February 28, 2019 4:27:59 PM(UTC)
ShermanPat

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
First off I am loving the GT Designer!

On one of my main shows we do product demos using iPhones iPads and Mac Laptops. I generally use Spyder x20 or E2 video switchers for most of these events but have often been asked for ways to do similar looks with less gear for smaller venues which is where I would love to use VMix.

The main transitions I use is having a background image iPhone pip cropped with a iPhone bezel image overlay tied together with an animation flying in from the top of the screen then fly out the bottom of the screen on exit. Or the same transition with a iPad or Mac laptop source and bezel. Example on Youtube (shared just before the look at 43:16)

A few years ago I experimented with trying to build it as Virtual Set with some success, but kinda clumsy to use and get to look right. Now playing with the DataChangeIn/Out has my brain turning again. I have wrote some OSX and Windows apps to do similar animations but often fall short of all the real needs and end user convince(like VMix has) due to lack of real coding skills.

If I could use a Live Input and mapping functions of a virtual set and mix that with the GT functions for animations and data changes I could see this working great!

Hope that all makes sense, happy to help explain more if anyone has questions.

Thank You for the great product.
-Sherman
ShermanPat  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, June 26, 2019 8:01:01 PM(UTC)
ShermanPat

*bump and update

Another thought would be to have the Title Designer be able to make a custom transition type that would be able to be used on the main output. So I could have a Fly transition that would do both and animate in and out for the new old source on the output. Rather than the Fly were only the new source flys in and the old just stays in it position.
ShermanPat  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, May 11, 2022 8:41:58 AM(UTC)
ShermanPat

Well here I am again wishing I could use GT title to design a sorta mixture of a Virtual set with animations.

Example:
Have a iPhone Bezel with live video input, assigned in the UI like you would with the layering of a virtual set UVmap. But have the features of a GT Title to animate the Phone and UVmapped pip drop in from the top then exit out the bottom on overlay in/out.