logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
SilverFlight  
#1 Posted : Friday, February 22, 2019 2:34:45 AM(UTC)
SilverFlight

Groups: Registered

Can you create a playlist with 2 files starting to play simultaneously, with 1 continuing throughout?

The reason I'm asking is because I want a audio file to play with a live camera on stage, then switch to a pre-recorded video, but when I switch to the pre-recorded video, I do not want to lose the audio - the audio has to run through the entire act, and the video will be switched between live and pre-recorded footage.

SilverFlight
sickley1  
#2 Posted : Sunday, March 10, 2019 11:29:13 PM(UTC)
sickley1

Groups: Registered

Playlists will only load 1 input/multiview at a time, however there is likely multiple ways you could achieve what you want, the first that comes to mind is using triggers.

1. Create a virtual input of your camera specifically for this and then go into the triggers of the virtual input and add a trigger which "On transition in" does function "play" (under input) and then select your audio file. You may need need to turn OFF automix for the audio file to make sure it doesn't stop playing when you transition again.
    Keep in mind that this will play that audio file ANY time you transition to the virtual input unless you go in and uncheck or delete that trigger. And if you want the audio file to stop on transition of another input/virtual input you could do the same by using the function "pause"

2. Another option would be to use shortcuts and assign one to play/pause and then start/stop it manually as needed.

3. A final option would be to go into the audio file input settings and uncheck "automatically pause after transition", set the audio file as the first input in your playlist with a very short duration, and then your camera as the next item. You would also need to setup a trigger/shortcut for stopping the file or it will continue playing until the end of the file (unless set to loop).

4. You might also be able to put it in a multiview with your camera/virtual input.

So there's a number of options to test out and pick what you like best and works best in your setup!