logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ben1000  
#1 Posted : Friday, February 15, 2019 1:12:03 AM(UTC)
ben1000

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Howdy...

I have a question about the Virtual PTZ... If I zoom in on an input, it also zooms in on other virtual inputs or PiP's that I have created with that input.

Is there a way to make it so that the virtual zoom on an input doesn't effect other inputs that I may not want to zoom? I want the video to zoom in, but remained contrained to the same size 'window' in the virtual input...

I have a short video of the issue here:

https://vimeo.com/317267803

Thanks! Hopefully I'm just doing something wrong...

Best,

Ben

ben1000  
#2 Posted : Sunday, February 17, 2019 4:11:09 AM(UTC)
ben1000

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
No replies, so I'll just answer myself..

NO... There is no fix. Without using an PiP Overlay channel, there's no way to do what I was hoping, so the PTZ zoom feature doesn't work if you want to use the results in a multiview at less than full screen size (ie. PiP, PbP, PoP, etc...)

:(

Best,

Ben

richardgatarski  
#3 Posted : Sunday, February 17, 2019 8:44:43 AM(UTC)
richardgatarski

Was thanked: 292 time(s) in 246 post(s)
Ben,

It's kind of logical that a PxP (MultiView Input) using a number of Inputs should show what is in those Inputs. Hence, if you zoom one Input its corresponding section of the PxP should zoom too. Period.

I would guess that the way Virtual PTZ affects Inputs is the same as for Zoom (can't test right now).

So, in your case you need to make a copy of what is in the Input you use for Virtual PTZ. Simply create a Virtual Input of the Input you are zooming and use the Virtual Input in your MultiView.
spencerm24  
#4 Posted : Sunday, February 17, 2019 9:35:44 AM(UTC)
spencerm24

Was thanked: 19 time(s) in 17 post(s)
Originally Posted by: richardgatarski Go to Quoted Post
Ben,

It's kind of logical that a PxP (MultiView Input) using a number of Inputs should show what is in those Inputs. Hence, if you zoom one Input its corresponding section of the PxP should zoom too. Period.

I would guess that the way Virtual PTZ affects Inputs is the same as for Zoom (can't test right now).

So, in your case you need to make a copy of what is in the Input you use for Virtual PTZ. Simply create a Virtual Input of the Input you are zooming and use the Virtual Input in your MultiView.

I think what he means is the box itself gets larger in a multiview 2 box. Yes it should zoom in, as i'd expect it to with a normal camera, but the box shouldn't get larger as the camera zooms in.
richardgatarski  
#5 Posted : Monday, February 18, 2019 4:27:18 AM(UTC)
richardgatarski

Was thanked: 292 time(s) in 246 post(s)
I am sorry Ben for missing your point, please accept my apologies. And thanks spencerm24 for seeing this.

Actually, we have earlier run into the exact same issue. Our workaround was to add an extra Layer in the MultiView with a transparent hole to mask out the parts outside the "windo