logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
JoshTheRadioDude  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, February 13, 2019 3:41:02 AM(UTC)
JoshTheRadioDude

Groups: Registered
Man
United States

I have a stinger for a new show, rendered out in an MOV file with an alpha channel. We've used this method before for sportscasts, and it's worked just fine. In this case, however, the stinger plays out perfectly the first time, but the second time plays the first 15 frames or so, then just stops at a dead halt and doesn't clear the screen. The timings are set to the precise length and transition point of the file. I've tried extending the length of the file itself, thinking that it might just be too short to be usable, but that was a no-go. I also re-rendered it out from the source as a raw AVI with alpha channel, but naturally, that produced a huge file, and the performance was even worse due to the processing demand.

This exact same file plays out with no problems on its own in vMix, and also works just fine as an overlay, but I have noticed that VLC isn't handling it very well, either (very choppy playback). At this point, I'm thinking it might be something to do with the alpha channel, but as I said, we've used MOV files with an alpha channel as stingers before, and this has never been an issue.

Anyone have any ideas? I'd be glad to upload the file somewhere if that would help.

JoshTheRadioDude  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, February 13, 2019 3:58:24 AM(UTC)
JoshTheRadioDude

Groups: Registered
Man
United States

Before anyone else chimes in, I may have to issue a mea culpa here... I think the problem may have been (unwittingly) attempting to transition from one file to the stinger file. It seems to be working without issue now. I'll report back if I run into the problem otherwise.