logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ptrshaggy  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, February 6, 2019 8:42:12 AM(UTC)
ptrshaggy

Groups: Registered
Man
United States

Wondering if anyone else is using a Behringer x-air series mixer and bringing sound in via the ASIO driver. My situation is this:

X-air 18 : 2 microphones (jacks 1 & 2)
: realtek out of broadcast machine (the headphone feed from vmix) into Jack 12

Broadcast Machine:
: 2 USB cameras (vmix input 1 & 2) (no audio)
: 2 audio inputs (vmix input 3 and 4 respectively, ASIO driver bringing in audio for those above cameras as inputs 3 and 4 respectively) (sent to master and vmix bus A, headphone turned off))
: 1 Vmix call (vmix input 5, audio source is vmix bus A, sent to master and headphones only)
: 1 NDI desktop capture of a remote machine w/ audio (vmix input 6, send to master, bus A and headphones)

I'm getting everything just fine input the headphones when connected to the mixer, so i can hear the vmix call, the ndi and my microphones. However the microphones are low volume to both the vmix call and the audio inputs as well as the master. I tried cranking up the output volume on the behringer channel 1 and 2 to (mixer) Gain +9 and slider (+9) and that along with a vmix gain of +3 got it usable for the stream but it sounded like we were yelling to each other in our heaphones.

My question is, has anyone had low volume from the ASIO driver into vmix or have any idea what i could be doing wrong that would result in a low signal into vmix with this setup? I checked and all the fx are off on the channels and there's no compressor or noise limiter engaged for the microphone channels. Oh and we are running +48v on the channels because they are condenser microphones.

Any help deeply appreciated.

w14  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, February 12, 2019 1:33:05 AM(UTC)
w14

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 10 post(s)
I have my gain set to +40db on both studio mics and the slider set to 0. I have auto mix on the two main mics to minimise bleed into the other guy's mic, a little bit of compression and some minor eq. No extra gain in vMix.

The mics we use are Rode lavaliers.

I could send you our saved config to test with if you PM me contact details. Might give you a starting point at least.