logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
shawntempesta  
#1 Posted : Thursday, January 31, 2019 10:25:58 AM(UTC)
shawntempesta

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 7 post(s)
I have a 94 second countdown, followed by an open. The idea is to have a video trigger that says "this many milliseconds delay after the transition in, hit record" so I don't have to remember, and so the recording skips the countdown and goes right into the intro.

But the trigger is firing WAY early. So, to test exactly how off we were, I set the delay to 100000ms, or 100 seconds. The trigger fired at 30 seconds in. Help?
spencerm24  
#2 Posted : Friday, February 1, 2019 1:12:31 AM(UTC)
spencerm24

Was thanked: 19 time(s) in 17 post(s)
In my experience, the triggers seem to be limited to 30 seconds.

Workaround I did for a similar thing was to do a useless trigger at 30 seconds (Input1 to Preview) and another one 30 seconds later (input 2 to pvw), and so on, until I get the timing I need, in my case I needed 70 seconds, so I did the actual trigger 10 seconds later. This worked.
MartLeib  
#3 Posted : Friday, February 1, 2019 1:35:32 AM(UTC)
MartLeib

Estonia

Was thanked: 52 time(s) in 42 post(s)
Better way is to create a title input, you can pick for example "Add input - Title/XAML - Timer - TimerClock"
It will open window with txtClock field. Empty it.
Click on countdown Settings.
Set Duration to 00:01:34 (94 seconds), press OK. Check "Display *** when Stopped"
Click OK, close Title editor.

Now open this input's settings - Triggers, add trigger "OnCountdownCompleted" and select your desired function. In your case, it should be "StartRecording"

Now open trigger settings for the input, which should start the countdown/trigger timing. In your case open your video trigger settings and add OnTransitionIn - StartCountdown - select previously added countdown title - select title field where you configured countdown, in this case, txtClock.

Now, when your video is Transitioned In, it will start countdown on the title input, when it reaches 0, it will trigger recording.